0 Shouts - 110,585 Scrobbles
There are multiple bands called Baroque Bordello:Read More...
1) Baroque Bordello is a French post-punk band active between 1981 and 1988. Singer Catherine "Weena" Truscelli and guitarist Alain Frappier began Baroque Bordello in 1981 with drummer Gilles "Prad" Pradinas and bassist Gilles "Pewal" Bourges. Their main influences were British and American artists, ranging from Patti Smith to Joy Division and The Stranglers.
Over the years many musicians have played with Catherine Truscelli and Alain Frappier in Baroque Bordello. After 1984 bassist Patrick Griffiths, formerly of 23 Skidoo, drummer Michael Rushton (future member of Les Innocents), and keyboardist Pascale Meunier joined the band. In 1986 Patrick Lambert, ex Too Much, was added on drums. This lineup played gigs with The Beautiful Stars, the Psychedelic Furs and at the Festival of Mont de Marsan with Killing Joke and Siouxsie And The Banshees.
Most of the music was written by Alain Frappier and Pat Griffiths. The lyrics are written in English, French, German and even Arabic by singer Weena. The band's live performances were rather disheveled and aggressive.
Their discography includes the EP "Via" (1985) and the album "Paranoiac Songs" (1986) along with compilation albums on the labels Garage and Infrastition.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- L'autre - 15,130 plays
- Today - 16,632 plays
- Mary Chinese - 8,676 plays
- Voyageur - 6,783 plays
- Put it down - 3,832 plays
- Today (Production, Synthé: Lol Tolhurst - The Cure) - 2,815 plays
- From Your Eyes - 3,173 plays
- Les Algues - 3,310 plays
- Comme Toujours - 3,311 plays
- Baby Doll - 3,286 plays