11 Shouts - 390,869 Scrobbles
One of the finest guitarists to emerge after the death of Charlie Christian, Barney Kessel (October 17, 1923 – May 6, 2004) was a reliable bop soloist throughout his career. He played with a big band fronted by Chico Marx (1943), was fortunate enough to appear in the classic jazz short Jammin' the Blues (1944) and then worked with the big bands of Charlie Barnet (1944-45) and Artie Shaw (1945); he also recorded with Shaw's Gramercy Five.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Salute to Charlie Christian - (3:17) - 499 plays
- Tenderly - (3:13) - 448 plays
- You Go To My Head - (4:23) - 423 plays
- One Note Samba - (4:15) - 508 plays
- Love Is Here To Stay - (3:22) - 320 plays
- Moon River - (2:29) - 374 plays
- It Could Happen To You - (4:23) - 263 plays
- Barney's Blues - (2:56) - 294 plays
- A Foggy Day - (3:08) - 344 plays
- Embraceable You - (3:22) - 311 plays