2 Shouts - 7,242 Scrobbles
Monte Cooley, founder of Barnabas, on the origins of the band: "The Lord put it on my heart to start a hard-rock Christian band in 1977, for evangelizing young people. At the time, I was unaware of *any* Christian groups that were playing anything that could remotely be called hard or metal rock; this was before I heard about Resurrection Band. " Monte eventually left the band. But Barnabas went on to record some of the greatest Christian Metal acheivements of the early to mid 80's. They were highly controversial and took a lot of heat and criticism from several "Christian leaders".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Prophecy In Dub - (3:43) - 15 plays
- LyricsHidden from the mystics whose writings had foretold
With shattering simplicity, the mystery unfolds
A small bouquet of cells becomes a living child
Fathered by the great I AM, a mother; gentle, mild
Nurtured in the shadow of the iron Roman fist
- Cool Rock - (4:14) - 15 plays
- Bionic Skank - (3:35) - 13 plays
- Cabecita - (2:59) - 13 plays
- No Freedom - (4:37) - 8 plays
- Murder - (3:40) - 11 plays
- Feel the Fire - (5:15) - 4 plays
- Never Felt Better - (3:26) - 5 plays
- Warrior - (4:01) - 4 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online