2 Shouts - 7,308 Scrobbles
Monte Cooley, founder of Barnabas, on the origins of the band: "The Lord put it on my heart to start a hard-rock Christian band in 1977, for evangelizing young people. At the time, I was unaware of *any* Christian groups that were playing anything that could remotely be called hard or metal rock; this was before I heard about Resurrection Band. " Monte eventually left the band. But Barnabas went on to record some of the greatest Christian Metal acheivements of the early to mid 80's. They were highly controversial and took a lot of heat and criticism from several "Christian leaders".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsDressed to kill, and drinking all alone
Waiting for some lizard to take you home
Another wham-bam rendezvous
The script is moldy but the lines are tried and true
But there's no freedom
- Cabecita - (2:59) - 10 plays
- LyricsSome people call us wolves in sheep's clothing
They don't like the kind of music we play
"Dropped out of school, a pack of lazy young fools
They haven't even combed their hair today"
I have no intention to cause an intervention
- LyricsMy God, my God! Why hast thou forsaken Me?
Be not far from Me, for trouble is near
For bulls have surrounded Me, they open wide their mouths at Me
I am poured out like water, all my bones are out of joint
My heart is like wax, melted within Me
- Cool Rock - (4:14) - 9 plays
- Stormclouds - (4:43) - 8 plays
- Directory Assistance - (3:55) - 4 plays
- Warrior - (4:01) - 5 plays
- Destroy After Use - (5:05) - 4 plays
- Subterfuge - (5:59) - 7 plays