10 Shouts - 44,807 Scrobbles
Balto came into being when Daniel Sheron abandoned his life in Moscow, Russia and went alone into Siberia. Against an ever-shifting backdrop of railways and desolate wastes, he wrote a cycle of songs to tell the story of what had happened in that strange country, why he had exiled himself, and why he thought it mattered. In train cars and crumbling cities he encountered PEOPLE, and they inhabited the songs he was writing and the notes he was taking. In the fall, Daniel brought Balto back to America and called his friends to record an album in one day.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Self Portrait - (4:44) - 2,853 plays
- The Railyard - (5:17) - 2,358 plays
- October's Road - (4:25) - 1,163 plays
- Smokestacks - (4:29) - 959 plays
- The Tin Man - (3:54) - 824 plays
- Home November Shore - (4:50) - 649 plays
- Elizabeth the Bumblebee - (2:28) - 757 plays
- Long Time Coming - (4:00) - 624 plays
- Gravestones - (3:40) - 508 plays
- Kirov Factory - (5:14) - 658 plays