826 Shouts - 2,207,861 Scrobbles
Bal-Sagoth are an extreme metal band from Sheffield, Yorkshire, England, combining elements of black metal, symphonic, and classical music. Vocalist/lyricist Byron Roberts, who came up with the idea for the band around 1989, took the name 'Bal-Sagoth' from a Robert E. Howard short story "The Gods of Bal-Sagoth". Their first demo was released in 1993; they have since released three albums on Cacophonous and three on Nuclear Blast.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lyrics[The Chronicler of Antediluvia:]
Long ago, before the Third Great Cataclysm reshaped the face of creation,
one nation rose above all others in the antediluvian world... Atlantis.
[The Atlantean Quorum:]
Hear the call Atlanteans, proud we stand forever,
Earthbound, a star falls to my tongue.
Come to me, Hyperion's child... come to me, spawn of Titan.
Condemned Souls of the Brotherhood of Dark Elucidation:
Callisto rising! Glory ascendant!
- LyricsWith but a gesture of my incorporeal hand I illumine the heart of a new-born sun,
Revelling as its searing stellar radiance engulfs my ersatz form.
Gazing out across the limitless, stygian cosmos,
I hear the whispered voice of destiny echoing within the solar winds...
No small task, to awaken a universe from slumber.
- LyricsFrom a time beyond time, we come
We, who once crested the waves of the great astral sea
And who now must strive again for the domination of the stars
Awaken, awaken, Tellurian sphere
Awaken, beckon the moon, Tellurian
- Invocations Beyond the Outer-World Night - (5:24) - 1,289 plays
- The epsilon exordium - (3:32) - 1,349 plays
- Draconis albionensis - (6:17) - 1,400 plays
- The empyreal lexicon - (6:01) - 1,478 plays
- Shackled to the Trilithon of Kutulu - (4:00) - 1,299 plays
- Star-maps of the ancient cosmographers - (5:08) - 1,347 plays