85 Shouts - 1,856,929 Scrobbles
Baden Powell de Aquino was born in Varre-e-Sai in the state of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. His father, a scouting enthusiast, named him after Robert Baden-Powell. When he was three, his family relocated to a suburb in the city of Rio de Janeiro. The new surroundings proved profoundly influential. His house was a stop for popular musicians during his formative years. He soon started guitar lessons with Jayme Florence, a famous Choro guitarist in the 1940s. He proved a young virtuoso, having won many talent competitions before he was a teenager.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Canto de Ossanha - (3:27) - 10,579 plays
- Berimbau - (3:26) - 3,275 plays
- Consolação - (6:11) - 2,208 plays
- Tristeza - (3:18) - 2,407 plays
- Samba Triste - (4:11) - 2,352 plays
- Canto De Xangô - (6:30) - 2,365 plays
- Garota de Ipanema - (3:02) - 1,516 plays
- Choro Para Metronome - (3:00) - 953 plays
- O Astronauta - (2:43) - 1,293 plays
- Improviso em Bossa Nova - (2:06) - 1,062 plays