3 Shouts - 66,483 Scrobbles
Justine Washington, 13 November 1940, Bamberg, South Carolina, USA. Washington's (aka Jeanette Washington) tremendously moving voice, earthy but sophisticated, perfectly epitomized uptown soul. Yet unlike her southern counterparts she has never experienced great crossover recognition, although once cited by Dusty Springfield as her all-time favourite singer. Washington was raised in Harlem, singing first in a vocal group, the Hearts, in 1956 and becoming a solo artist the following year.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Congratulations Honey - (2:39) - 713 plays
- That's How Heartaches Are Made - (2:46) - 317 plays
- I've Got A Feeling - (2:56) - 253 plays
- Leave Me Alone - (2:20) - 144 plays
- Nobody Cares - (2:13) - 117 plays
- Breakfast in Bed - (3:06) - 142 plays
- Think About the Good Times - (2:43) - 85 plays
- I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby - aka I Just Can't Wait To See My Baby's Face - (2:36) - 75 plays
- A Handful Of Memories - (2:19) - 84 plays
- Doodlin' - (2:29) - 77 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online