3 Shouts - 67,128 Scrobbles
Justine Washington, 13 November 1940, Bamberg, South Carolina, USA. Washington's (aka Jeanette Washington) tremendously moving voice, earthy but sophisticated, perfectly epitomized uptown soul. Yet unlike her southern counterparts she has never experienced great crossover recognition, although once cited by Dusty Springfield as her all-time favourite singer. Washington was raised in Harlem, singing first in a vocal group, the Hearts, in 1956 and becoming a solo artist the following year.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Congratulations Honey - (2:39) - 703 plays
- I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby - aka I Just Can't Wait To See My Baby's Face - (2:36) - 288 plays
- That's How Heartaches Are Made - (2:46) - 342 plays
- I've Got A Feeling - (2:56) - 242 plays
- Leave Me Alone - (2:20) - 151 plays
- Breakfast in Bed - (3:06) - 138 plays
- Nobody Cares - (2:13) - 89 plays
- Think About the Good Times - (2:43) - 80 plays
- Move On - (2:02) - 76 plays
- Hush Heart - (2:11) - 98 plays