3 Shouts - 63,529 Scrobbles
Justine Washington, 13 November 1940, Bamberg, South Carolina, USA. Washington's (aka Jeanette Washington) tremendously moving voice, earthy but sophisticated, perfectly epitomized uptown soul. Yet unlike her southern counterparts she has never experienced great crossover recognition, although once cited by Dusty Springfield as her all-time favourite singer. Washington was raised in Harlem, singing first in a vocal group, the Hearts, in 1956 and becoming a solo artist the following year.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Congratulations Honey - (2:39) - 692 plays
- That's How Heartaches Are Made - (2:46) - 416 plays
- Nobody Cares - (2:13) - 184 plays
- Leave Me Alone - (2:20) - 257 plays
- I've Got A Feeling - (2:56) - 291 plays
- Think About the Good Times - (2:43) - 151 plays
- Move On - (2:02) - 144 plays
- I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby's Face - (2:37) - 101 plays
- Hush Heart - (2:11) - 152 plays
- A Handful Of Memories - (2:19) - 98 plays