3 Shouts - 65,920 Scrobbles
Justine Washington, 13 November 1940, Bamberg, South Carolina, USA. Washington's (aka Jeanette Washington) tremendously moving voice, earthy but sophisticated, perfectly epitomized uptown soul. Yet unlike her southern counterparts she has never experienced great crossover recognition, although once cited by Dusty Springfield as her all-time favourite singer. Washington was raised in Harlem, singing first in a vocal group, the Hearts, in 1956 and becoming a solo artist the following year.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Congratulations Honey - (2:39) - 681 plays
- That's How Heartaches Are Made - (2:46) - 322 plays
- I've Got A Feeling - (2:56) - 249 plays
- Nobody Cares - (2:13) - 122 plays
- Leave Me Alone - (2:20) - 146 plays
- Breakfast in Bed - (3:06) - 138 plays
- Think About the Good Times - (2:43) - 97 plays
- A Handful Of Memories - (2:19) - 92 plays
- Move On - (2:02) - 75 plays
- Hush Heart - (2:11) - 84 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online