3 Shouts - 65,212 Scrobbles
Justine Washington, 13 November 1940, Bamberg, South Carolina, USA. Washington's (aka Jeanette Washington) tremendously moving voice, earthy but sophisticated, perfectly epitomized uptown soul. Yet unlike her southern counterparts she has never experienced great crossover recognition, although once cited by Dusty Springfield as her all-time favourite singer. Washington was raised in Harlem, singing first in a vocal group, the Hearts, in 1956 and becoming a solo artist the following year.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Congratulations Honey - (2:39) - 696 plays
- That's How Heartaches Are Made - (2:46) - 313 plays
- I've Got A Feeling - (2:56) - 280 plays
- Nobody Cares - (2:13) - 125 plays
- Leave Me Alone - (2:20) - 164 plays
- Breakfast in Bed - (3:06) - 128 plays
- Think About the Good Times - (2:43) - 108 plays
- Move On - (2:02) - 79 plays
- A Handful Of Memories - (2:19) - 87 plays
- Hush Heart - (2:11) - 101 plays