11 Shouts - 251,452 Scrobbles
BR549 is an American country music band. The group was formed in Nashville in 1993 by co-leads Gary Bennett and Chuck Mead. Their music, referred to as alternative country or neotraditional, contains elements of western swing and rockabilly. They eschew modern Top 40 pop-country for a more raw, honky-tonk sound, with songs about 50s pin-up/dominatrix Bettie Page and The Ramones. They took their name from a telephone number regularly used in a Junior Samples sketch on the television show Hee Haw.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Cherokee Boogie - (2:29) - 393 plays
- Even If It's Wrong - (3:15) - 234 plays
- Too Lazy to Work, Too Nervous to Steal - (3:52) - 243 plays
- Tangled in the Pines - (2:49) - 178 plays
- Lifetime To Prove - (3:01) - 145 plays
- Little Ramona (Gone Hillbilly Nuts) - (3:24) - 159 plays
- Honky Tonk Song - (2:35) - 136 plays
- That's What I Get - (3:23) - 145 plays
- Crazy Arms - (2:50) - 143 plays
- Look Me Up - (2:52) - 112 plays