Béla Fleck and the Flecktones
156 Shouts - 2,624,933 Scrobbles
Béla Fleck and the Flecktones is a primarily instrumental group from the United States, that draws equally on bluegrass, fusion, and jazz, sometimes dubbed "blue-bop." The band formed in 1988, initially to perform once on the PBS (Public Broadcasting Service) series Lonesome Pine Specials. The Flecktones have toured extensively since then, often playing over 200 concerts per year. Frontman Béla Fleck plays acoustic and electric banjos, mixing a bluegrass and folk sound into a modern improvisational style.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Big Country - (8:22) - 2,784 plays
- The Sinister Minister - (4:37) - 2,368 plays
- Flight of the Cosmic Hippo - (4:28) - 1,388 plays
- Sex in a Pan - (3:33) - 1,117 plays
- Stomping Grounds - Live Version - (5:27) - 989 plays
- Sunset Road - (5:01) - 843 plays
- Zona Mona - (4:55) - 696 plays
- Hoedown - (4:54) - 613 plays
- Intro - (0:40) - 606 plays
- Communication - (4:16) - 741 plays