284 Shouts - 2,253,833 Scrobbles
Béla Viktor János Bartók (25 March 1881–26 September 1945) was a Hungarian composer, pianist, and collector of Eastern European and Middle Eastern folk music. In Hungarian, the family name precedes the first name, i.e., Bartók Béla. Bartók was born in Sânnicolau Mare/Nagyszentmiklós (Present day Romania). He is considered one of the greatest of 20th-century composers, and was also one of the founders of the field of ethnomusicology, the study and ethnography of folk music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Bartok Concerto for Orchestra, Introduction - (9:41) - 3,100 plays
- 14 Bagatelles, BB 50, Sz. 38 (Op.6): 6. Lento - (1:45) - 1,827 plays
- Swineherd's Dance - (2:17) - 1,636 plays
- Quasi adagio - (0:57) - 1,723 plays
- Hungarian Sketches, Sz. 97: I. An Evening in the Villiage - (2:43) - 776 plays
- Romanian Folk Dances - (6:47) - 790 plays
- Allegro barbaro - (2:24) - 477 plays
- Music for Strings, Percussion and Celesta, Sz. 106 : III. Adagio - (6:18) - 348 plays
- Music for Strings, Percussion and Celesta, Sz 106: I. Andante tranquillo - (7:45) - 352 plays
- Out Doors, BB 89, Sz. 81 : 4. The Night's Music - (5:42) - 295 plays