0 Shouts - 2,463,030 Scrobbles
Béla Viktor János Bartók (25 March 1881–26 September 1945) was a Hungarian composer, pianist, and collector of Eastern European and Middle Eastern folk music. In Hungarian, the family name precedes the first name, i.e., Bartók Béla.Read More...
Bartók was born in Nagyszentmiklós, Kingdom of Hungary, Austria-Hungary (after 1920 Sânnicolau Mare, România). He is considered one of the greatest of 20th-century composers, and was also one of the founders of the field of ethnomusicology, the study and ethnography of folk music. This interest in and knowledge of traditional music, especially that of his own culture, had a great influence on many of his own compositions.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- No. 9. Syncopation I - 54,983 plays
- No. 5. 6 Unison Melodies V - 46,575 plays
- No. 102. Harmonics - 39,930 plays
- Quasi adagio - 46,071 plays
- Swineherd's Dance - 39,026 plays
- Rapsodia para violín nº 2 - Moderato - 28,660 plays
- Rapsodia para violín nº 1 - Moderato - 26,534 plays
- No. 64. Line against Point (versions A and B) - 23,627 plays
- Concierto para violín nº 2 - Andante tranquillo - 19,736 plays
- Concierto para violín nº 2 - Allegro non troppo - 19,399 plays