277 Shouts - 2,110,387 Scrobbles
Béla Viktor János Bartók (25 March 1881–26 September 1945) was a Hungarian composer, pianist, and collector of Eastern European and Middle Eastern folk music. In Hungarian, the family name precedes the first name, i.e., Bartók Béla. Bartók was born in Sânnicolau Mare/Nagyszentmiklós (Present day Romania). He is considered one of the greatest of 20th-century composers, and was also one of the founders of the field of ethnomusicology, the study and ethnography of folk music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Quasi adagio - (0:57) - 2,694 plays
- Swineherd's Dance - (2:17) - 1,701 plays
- Bartok Concerto for Orchestra, Introduction - (9:41) - 586 plays
- Romanian Folk Dances - (6:47) - 611 plays
- Slovakian Dance - (2:15) - 436 plays
- Adagio - (11:26) - 313 plays
- No. 102. Harmonics - (1:23) - 409 plays
- Allegro molto - (2:29) - 303 plays
- 14 Bagatelles, BB 50, Sz. 38 (Op.6): 6. Lento - (1:45) - 237 plays
- No. 9. Syncopation I - (0:39) - 268 plays