283 Shouts - 2,188,267 Scrobbles
Béla Viktor János Bartók (25 March 1881–26 September 1945) was a Hungarian composer, pianist, and collector of Eastern European and Middle Eastern folk music. In Hungarian, the family name precedes the first name, i.e., Bartók Béla. Bartók was born in Sânnicolau Mare/Nagyszentmiklós (Present day Romania). He is considered one of the greatest of 20th-century composers, and was also one of the founders of the field of ethnomusicology, the study and ethnography of folk music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Bartok Concerto for Orchestra, Introduction - (9:41) - 2,427 plays
- 14 Bagatelles, BB 50, Sz. 38 (Op.6): 6. Lento - (1:45) - 2,203 plays
- Quasi adagio - (0:57) - 2,391 plays
- Swineherd's Dance - (2:17) - 1,792 plays
- Romanian Folk Dances - (6:47) - 818 plays
- Hungarian Sketches, Sz. 97: I. An Evening in the Villiage - (2:43) - 585 plays
- Allegro barbaro - (2:24) - 534 plays
- Slovakian Dance - (2:15) - 437 plays
- Adagio - (11:26) - 378 plays
- Rumanian Folk Dances - (5:20) - 300 plays