280 Shouts - 2,149,421 Scrobbles
Béla Viktor János Bartók (25 March 1881–26 September 1945) was a Hungarian composer, pianist, and collector of Eastern European and Middle Eastern folk music. In Hungarian, the family name precedes the first name, i.e., Bartók Béla. Bartók was born in Sânnicolau Mare/Nagyszentmiklós (Present day Romania). He is considered one of the greatest of 20th-century composers, and was also one of the founders of the field of ethnomusicology, the study and ethnography of folk music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Bartok Concerto for Orchestra, Introduction - (9:41) - 1,367 plays
- Quasi adagio - (0:57) - 2,558 plays
- Swineherd's Dance - (2:17) - 1,711 plays
- 14 Bagatelles, BB 50, Sz. 38 (Op.6): 6. Lento - (1:45) - 1,203 plays
- Romanian Folk Dances - (6:47) - 721 plays
- Slovakian Dance - (2:15) - 425 plays
- Adagio - (11:26) - 353 plays
- Allegro barbaro - (2:24) - 403 plays
- Rumanian Folk Dances - (5:20) - 274 plays
- Hungarian Sketches, Sz. 97: I. An Evening in the Villiage - (2:43) - 171 plays