280 Shouts - 2,131,039 Scrobbles
Béla Viktor János Bartók (25 March 1881–26 September 1945) was a Hungarian composer, pianist, and collector of Eastern European and Middle Eastern folk music. In Hungarian, the family name precedes the first name, i.e., Bartók Béla. Bartók was born in Sânnicolau Mare/Nagyszentmiklós (Present day Romania). He is considered one of the greatest of 20th-century composers, and was also one of the founders of the field of ethnomusicology, the study and ethnography of folk music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Quasi adagio - (0:57) - 2,691 plays
- Swineherd's Dance - (2:17) - 1,746 plays
- Bartok Concerto for Orchestra, Introduction - (9:41) - 953 plays
- 14 Bagatelles, BB 50, Sz. 38 (Op.6): 6. Lento - (1:45) - 708 plays
- Romanian Folk Dances - (6:47) - 684 plays
- Slovakian Dance - (2:15) - 432 plays
- Adagio - (11:26) - 348 plays
- Allegro barbaro - (2:24) - 343 plays
- Rumanian Folk Dances - (5:20) - 273 plays
- Allegro molto - (2:29) - 240 plays