0 Shouts - 814,844 Scrobbles
There are at least 11 artists/bands with the name Aya:Read More...
1. Lysa Aya Trenier. (also known simply as Aya) is a London-born singer, songwriter and actress of Singaporean/Irish/Scottish decent. She most notably is associated with the Naked Music recording label.
After growing up in London, she moved to New York City at the age of 18 to focus on her growth as an artist. There she collaborated with Lenny Kravitz, Pharcyde and Stuart Matthewman. Aya was signed to the Naked Music label after meeting and collaborating with Jay Denes (the mastermind behind Blue Six, and co-founder of Naked Music). Her debut album Strange Flower, a mixture of soul, pop and electronica, was released May 11, 2004.
Aya also appeared in the 1999 film Loving Jezebel. She was credited as Lysa Aya Trenier.
2. AYA is a J-Rock artist on the BMG FUNHOUSE label. She is heavily influenced by the Seattle sound of the early 90's and has worked with American producer Adam Kasper, who heard her demo and was impressed. Kasper produced bands like Soundgarden, Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam. He invited AYA to Seattle and recruited top musicians to help create her sound. On her albums, AYA has worked with famous Seattle artists like Krist Novoselic (Nirvana), Matt Cameron (Soundgarden, Pearl Jam), Kim Thayil (Soundgarden), John McBain (Monster Magnet), and Glenn Slater (Walkabouts) to name a few.
She is also known by her Japanese name, 亜矢
3. Aya is a danish rockband. They began in 1994, when they played basement-rock in the town of Ganloese. It wasn't until Anders met bassplayer Lars that the idea of playing rock evolved. This was the foundation for a mature Aya and before long they began composing and writing music at their new "practice basement" at Ganloese School.
In the fall of 1998 Aya finally got the opportunity to move to better facilities on Holmen alongside of prominent names in danish music as Kashmir, Tim Christensen, Inside the Whale, Melanies and many other. At the new studiofacilities on Holmen they in 2002 recorded their debut album "Galaxy" with the hitsingle "Spaceship".
4. Slovak band also called AYA Aya on the web!
5. Aya is also the guitarist of Psycho Le Cemu, a japanese Rockband.
6. Aya is the English name of Taiwanese pop singer Liu Han Ya.
7. Japanese musician Aya Sakuma.
8. Japanese musician Ayako Saso, more well known under the name sampling masters AYA.
9. Aya, female vocalist of the the New York City-based indie band FiRESiGN. Hailed as the hard-rock hellion from Hiroshima, this free spoken femma fatale's first full-length album, Anger Management, is an 11-track insight into the tumultuous thoughts and endured experiences that have stoked the flames of rebellion within this award winning poet and lyricist. The album features her emotionally expressive tale of escape and empowerment, No More Dream Girl.
10. Aya is a psytrance producer based in Vancouver BC, Canada.
11. Aya is the stage name for Anna Stefanowicz, lead vocalist for the Polish melodic death metal band UnSun
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sean - 60,728 plays
- Looking for the Sun - 48,159 plays
- Curtain Call - 39,855 plays
- Nobody Knows Me - 42,945 plays
- LyricsWe're in sight but out of mind
We're in step but still we're out of time
The light says to walk away
But somehow we always stay
I'm slippin' and stoppin' and fallin'
- Uptown - 33,453 plays
- Uptown (Trentemoller Full Vocal Mix) - 21,005 plays
- 45 Parade Place - 27,321 plays
- Do What You Want - 25,088 plays
- You're Not the Only One - 24,353 plays