0 Shouts - 1,464,747 Scrobbles
Avey Tare (born David Portner on April 24th, 1979) is a musician and founding member of Animal Collective.Read More...
Avey Tare met Animal Collective's Deakin (Josh Dibb), Panda Bear (Noah Lennox), and Geologist (Brian Weitz) in high school. For years, the four of them swapped homemade recordings, shared musical ideas and performed in different group configurations. Avey Tare recorded the Spirit They’re Gone, Spirit They’ve Vanished album with Panda Bear, and initially released the recording on the band's own Animal label in 2000.
After high school, Avey Tare and Geologist moved to New York City to attend NYU and Columbia University, respectively. Panda Bear and Deakin had eventually moved to NYC, and the band started to become more collaborative in nature. They finally settled on the name "Animal Collective".
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Crumbling Land - 100,355 plays
- LyricsFly off from hotter days
Today feel like the lucky one
Die in a bed of shade
Today you feel like the lucky one
There have been days you feel so sad
- Lyrics("...he saw what, he would look in the rock and see what was in there and i guess that day he saw a skull. one of his dark days.")
when I look through the door of my living room
I want another green room for my home
should i pull up the floor from my kitchen
- LyricsDown There
The flies in the dark with their ways
of shedding some light
now I've lost all my day
I think they are very lucky
- Lyrics[Jump out and do you in]
It's not about us holding hands
I don't have to be on top of your plans?
Tucked beneath them I'm showing my teeth
And I could say I love you
- Glass Bottom Boat - 121,672 plays
- Ghost of Books - 128,791 plays
- Cemeteries - 109,646 plays
- Heads Hammock - 106,564 plays
- Heather in the Hospital - 110,716 plays