211 Shouts - 4,007,337 Scrobbles
Horace Swaby (June 21, 1954 – May 18, 1999), better known as Augustus Pablo, the melodica king, was a Jamaican roots reggae and dub record producer and keyboardist, active from the 1970s onwards. He was perhaps the first person to use the melodica as a viable musical instrument. He was born in St. Andrew, Jamaica and learned to play the organ in Kingston College School. It was at that point an unnamed girl lent him the melodica. Fascinated by the instrument, Pablo rarely put it down. He also met Herman Chin Loy; the Chin family owned an influential record store in Kingston.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- King Tubby Meets The Rockers Uptown - (2:31) - 4,149 plays
- King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown - (2:31) - 4,541 plays
- Keep on Dubbing - (3:08) - 4,380 plays
- Frozen Dub - (2:52) - 3,193 plays
- Stop Them Jah - (2:51) - 3,133 plays
- East Of The River Nile - (5:26) - 3,125 plays
- Young Generation Dub - (2:34) - 2,826 plays
- Each One Dub - (2:54) - 2,628 plays
- Satta Dub - (4:21) - 2,366 plays
- King Tubby Meets Rocker Uptown - (2:33) - 1,610 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online