211 Shouts - 4,022,365 Scrobbles
Horace Swaby (June 21, 1954 – May 18, 1999), better known as Augustus Pablo, the melodica king, was a Jamaican roots reggae and dub record producer and keyboardist, active from the 1970s onwards. He was perhaps the first person to use the melodica as a viable musical instrument. He was born in St. Andrew, Jamaica and learned to play the organ in Kingston College School. It was at that point an unnamed girl lent him the melodica. Fascinated by the instrument, Pablo rarely put it down. He also met Herman Chin Loy; the Chin family owned an influential record store in Kingston.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown - (2:31) - 4,629 plays
- King Tubby Meets The Rockers Uptown - (2:31) - 3,997 plays
- Keep on Dubbing - (3:08) - 3,932 plays
- East Of The River Nile - (5:26) - 2,908 plays
- Frozen Dub - (2:52) - 2,820 plays
- Stop Them Jah - (2:51) - 2,972 plays
- Young Generation Dub - (2:34) - 2,758 plays
- Each One Dub - (2:54) - 2,546 plays
- Satta Dub - (4:21) - 2,098 plays
- Skanking Dub - (2:42) - 2,112 plays