210 Shouts - 3,988,252 Scrobbles
Horace Swaby (June 21, 1954 – May 18, 1999), better known as Augustus Pablo, the melodica king, was a Jamaican roots reggae and dub record producer and keyboardist, active from the 1970s onwards. He was perhaps the first person to use the melodica as a viable musical instrument. He was born in St. Andrew, Jamaica and learned to play the organ in Kingston College School. It was at that point an unnamed girl lent him the melodica. Fascinated by the instrument, Pablo rarely put it down. He also met Herman Chin Loy; the Chin family owned an influential record store in Kingston.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- King Tubby Meets The Rockers Uptown - (2:31) - 4,266 plays
- Keep on Dubbing - (3:08) - 4,492 plays
- King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown - (2:31) - 4,472 plays
- Frozen Dub - (2:52) - 3,238 plays
- Stop Them Jah - (2:51) - 3,220 plays
- East Of The River Nile - (5:26) - 3,219 plays
- Young Generation Dub - (2:34) - 2,719 plays
- Satta Dub - (4:21) - 2,358 plays
- Each One Dub - (2:54) - 2,535 plays
- King Tubby Meets Rocker Uptown - (2:33) - 1,664 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online