208 Shouts - 3,910,421 Scrobbles
Horace Swaby (June 21, 1954 – May 18, 1999), better known as Augustus Pablo, the melodica king, was a Jamaican roots reggae and dub record producer and keyboardist, active from the 1970s onwards. He was perhaps the first person to use the melodica as a viable musical instrument. He was born in St. Andrew, Jamaica and learned to play the organ in Kingston College School. It was at that point an unnamed girl lent him the melodica. Fascinated by the instrument, Pablo rarely put it down. He also met Herman Chin Loy; the Chin family owned an influential record store in Kingston.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- King Tubby Meets The Rockers Uptown - (2:31) - 4,667 plays
- Keep on Dubbing - (3:08) - 4,919 plays
- King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown - (2:31) - 5,118 plays
- East Of The River Nile - (5:26) - 3,757 plays
- Frozen Dub - (2:52) - 3,441 plays
- Stop Them Jah - (2:51) - 3,612 plays
- Satta Dub - (4:21) - 2,610 plays
- Young Generation Dub - (2:34) - 2,806 plays
- Each One Dub - (2:54) - 2,787 plays
- King Tubby Meets Rocker Uptown - (2:33) - 1,784 plays