204 Shouts - 3,669,391 Scrobbles
Horace Swaby (June 21, 1954 – May 18, 1999), better known as Augustus Pablo, the melodica king, was a Jamaican roots reggae and dub record producer and keyboardist, active from the 1970s onwards. He was perhaps the first person to use the melodica as a viable musical instrument. He was born in St. Andrew, Jamaica and learned to play the organ in Kingston College School. It was at that point an unnamed girl lent him the melodica. Fascinated by the instrument, Pablo rarely put it down. He also met Herman Chin Loy; the Chin family owned an influential record store in Kingston.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Keep on Dubbing - (3:10) - 5,446 plays
- King Tubby Meets The Rockers Uptown - (2:31) - 5,226 plays
- King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown - (2:32) - 4,885 plays
- Frozen Dub - (2:53) - 3,818 plays
- Stop Them Jah - (2:53) - 3,735 plays
- East Of The River Nile - (5:26) - 3,837 plays
- Young Generation Dub - (2:35) - 3,338 plays
- King Tubby Meets Rocker Uptown - (2:33) - 2,445 plays
- Each One Dub - (2:56) - 3,040 plays
- Skanking Dub - (2:43) - 2,526 plays
- The Hot 100: The 10 Biggest Songs On The Billboard Charts
- Rebecca Black Enters Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart With “Saturday”
- Nirvana To Be Inducted Into The Rock N’ Roll Hall Of Fame
- Eminem ft. Rihanna’s “The Monster”: A Sequel To “Love The Way You Lie”?
- Garth Brooks Rules The Billboard 200 Chart With New Release