52 Shouts - 1,053,970 Scrobbles
Aswad ("Black" in Arabic) are a long-lasting British reggae group, noted for adding strong R&B, soul, and soca influences to the reggae sound. They have been performing since the early 1970s, and have released a total of twenty-one albums. As naturalised children of immigrants from the Caribbean, part of the aftermath of World War II, the children were moved to London. They attended a local high school near Ladbroke Grove, and various junior schools as Tan Tan children of immigrants from the Caribbean around West London in 1975.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsIf you wanna leave, baby
I won't beg you to stay
And if you wanna go, darlin'
Maybe it's better that way
I'm gonna be strong, I'm gonna be fine
- LyricsCome on and shine, shine like a star
(Shine, ah ha)
Shining so bright, like the star that you are
(Ah ha, ah ha)
Oh, oh, oh, oh, shine into the future
- Back To Africa - (2:57) - 2,093 plays
- I A Rebel Soul - (5:01) - 1,502 plays
- Dub Fire - (4:30) - 1,526 plays
- Give A Little Love - (3:50) - 1,228 plays
- Warrior Charge - (3:53) - 1,129 plays
- African Children - (3:43) - 907 plays
- Natural Progression - (6:06) - 573 plays
- Ethiopian Rhapsody - (3:29) - 591 plays