0 Shouts - 215,945 Scrobbles
At least 10 artists share this name (see below):Read More...
1) Astrid, the Scottish band:
Astrid were a guitar-pop foursome from the Isle of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides, Scotland.
In 2004, Astrid released their third album - One In Four (named for the statistic that “one in four of us will suffer mental health problems at some time in our lives”). The band broke up shortly thereafter.
Neil Payne now drums for fellow Scottish band Texas, Gareth Russell plays bass for Idlewild, Charles Clark joined The Zephyrs for their fourth studio album and went on to form Cold Night Song and Our Lunar Activities, and William Campbell formed Our Small Capital and The Open Day Rotation. Both Campbell and Clark continue to work on their solo careers.
2) Astrid, the singer/songwriter from Scotland:
Astrid Williamson was the frontperson for Scottish trio Goya Dress in the mid-’90s. After the dissolution of the band in late 1996, Williamson opted to go solo under the alias of her first name. Astrid is a classically trained pianist and a confessional-style singer/songwriter with a uniquely haunting and beautiful voice. She is often compared to the likes of Tori Amos, Kristin Hersh And Polly Harvey though she definitely remains distinctive in her own right.
3) Astrid, the singer/songwriter from the Netherlands:
Dutch vocalist who became known by singing on Arjen Anthony Lucassen’s Ambeon (side project of Ayreon) at 14 years old. She has also released two solo albums and currently sings in her band theEndorphins.
4) Astrid Roelants, singer from Belgium who also participated in the Eurovision Preselection in Belgium with the song “Don’t stop the music”.
5) Astrid, experimental and electronic artist from Japan
6) Astrid Stockman, singer/songwriter from Belgium.
7) Astrid, singer from Indonesia.
Astrid Sartiasari, or better known as Astrid, is a Surabaya born singer who started her career performing in clubs with her band around Surabaya and entering singing competitions. She attracted the attention of Sony Music Indonesia which later included her debut single, Ratu Cahaya in the soundtrack for the movie, Tusuk Jelangkung released in 2003. She released her self titled debut album in 2005, followed by a repackaged album, Jadikan Aku Yang Ke 2 in 2006.
8) Astrid, UK band from the North East
Astrid officially formed in August 2010 when Tom Hancock joined Chloe Maughan and Joe Kroese’s casual outfit. They released their debut single “Strangers Alone” in January 2011, followed by “After the Bloodshed” in March 2011, and are working towards an album which will be released in Autumn 2011.
9) Danish singer from Horsens- debut 2012 with single "Er der nogen" .
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- 2AM - 38,142 plays
- After The Bloodshed - 10,068 plays
- Strangers Alone - 6,291 plays
- Tentang Rasa - 12,294 plays
- Jadikan Aku Yang Kedua - 10,186 plays
- Tak Ingin Dicintai - 5,292 plays
- FourFiveSeconds - Live From Studio - 1,836 plays
- Vai de Vez - 1,949 plays
- Distance - 2,059 plays
- Cinta Itu - 3,920 plays