0 Shouts - 330,478 Scrobbles
There are at least two bands named 'Astra':Read More...
1) American psych/prog rock
2) Italian progressive metal
1) Astra formed in San Diego, CA in the year 2001 as Silver Sunshine. They released their eponymous debut album in 2004 on Empyrean Records, followed by "A Small Pocket of Pure Spirit" - their evolved EP in 2005 on the same label. With the departure of original Silver Sunshine drummer Iain Andrew Sclater, and the joining of new drummer/multi-instrumentalist David Hurley in 2006, their sound and direction evolved and grew. They have decided to change their name along with their sound and lineup and are now known as ASTRA. The line-up consisting of Richard Vaughan (guitar/mellotron/vocals), Conor Riley (guitar/mellotron/arp odyssey/organ/vocals), Stuart Sclater (bass), David Hurley (drums/flute/various noisemakers) and Brian Ellis (guitar, moog) released their debut full length album entitled: The Weirding in 2009. Astra released their sophomore album The Black Chord on March 29, 2012.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Rising of the Black Sun - 29,652 plays
- The Weirding - 31,126 plays
- Silent Sleep - 23,704 plays
- The River Under - 22,305 plays
- Broken Glass - 21,221 plays
- Ouroboros - 20,363 plays
- Cocoon - 17,929 plays
- Beyond to Slight the Maze - 18,307 plays
- The Dawning Of Ophiuchus - 17,202 plays
- The Black Chord - 16,658 plays