12 Shouts - 26,181 Scrobbles
Asmahan (Arabic: أسمهان; birth name: Amal al-Atrash) (1917-1944) was a famous Syrian singer and actor who lived in Egypt and sang most of her songs in Egyptian Arabic. She was the sister of Farid al-Atrash, a famous singer in his own right, and a member of the famous Atrash family known for its role in the resistance against the French mandate in the 1920s. Early Career Asmahan started her career in Syria and Lebanon, then traveled to Cairo, Egypt, where she worked with many famous composers such as Riyadh el-Sonbati and Muhammad Al-Qassabji.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ahwa - (6:12) - 71 plays
- Yalli hawak - (4:34) - 50 plays
- Ya touyour - (6:44) - 76 plays
- Ya Habeebee Taala Elhanee - (5:24) - 36 plays
- Layali elouns - (11:06) - 55 plays
- Aleik Salat Allah - (6:15) - 24 plays
- Dakhalt marra - (5:27) - 23 plays
- Sahirtou Toul El Leil - (6:06) - 18 plays
- Ya Habibi Ta'ala - (4:58) - 24 plays
- Enta hataraf - (6:31) - 21 plays