12 Shouts - 27,816 Scrobbles
Asmahan (Arabic: أسمهان; birth name: Amal al-Atrash) (1917-1944) was a famous Syrian singer and actor who lived in Egypt and sang most of her songs in Egyptian Arabic. She was the sister of Farid al-Atrash, a famous singer in his own right, and a member of the famous Atrash family known for its role in the resistance against the French mandate in the 1920s. Early Career Asmahan started her career in Syria and Lebanon, then traveled to Cairo, Egypt, where she worked with many famous composers such as Riyadh el-Sonbati and Muhammad Al-Qassabji.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ahwa - (6:12) - 88 plays
- Ya touyour - (6:44) - 63 plays
- Yalli hawak - (4:34) - 55 plays
- Ya Habibi Taala Elhaani - (5:35) - 75 plays
- Ya Habibi Taala - (5:33) - 44 plays
- Ya Habeebee Taala Elhanee - (5:24) - 19 plays
- Sahirtou Toul El Leil - (6:06) - 44 plays
- Aleik Salat Allah - (6:15) - 31 plays
- Layalee El Once - (11:00) - 17 plays
- Elouyoun - (5:44) - 32 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online