681 Shouts - 4,930,048 Scrobbles
Arvo Pärt is an Estonian composer, often identified with the school of minimalism, though he rejects this label (and, even more vehemently, the label of "holy minimalism", which he describes as meaningless). Arvo Pärt was born on 11th September 1935 in Paide, Järva County, Estonia. His musical studies began in 1954 at the Tallinn Music Secondary School, interrupted less than a year later while he fulfilled his National Service obligation as oboist and side-drummer in an army band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Spiegel im Spiegel - (10:41) - 30,174 plays
- Summa - (4:19) - 7,540 plays
- Cantus in memoriam Benjamin Britten - (6:07) - 6,830 plays
- Für Alina - (10:45) - 8,187 plays
- Für Alina No. 1 - (10:48) - 3,748 plays
- My Heart's in the Highlands - (8:40) - 6,022 plays
- fur alina - 5,226 plays
- Fratres - (11:25) - 4,564 plays
- Cantus in Memory of Benjamin Britten - (5:07) - 3,578 plays
- Magnificat - (7:52) - 3,142 plays