678 Shouts - 4,861,730 Scrobbles
Arvo Pärt is an Estonian composer, often identified with the school of minimalism, though he rejects this label (and, even more vehemently, the label of "holy minimalism", which he describes as meaningless). Arvo Pärt was born on 11th September 1935 in Paide, Järva County, Estonia. His musical studies began in 1954 at the Tallinn Music Secondary School, interrupted less than a year later while he fulfilled his National Service obligation as oboist and side-drummer in an army band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Spiegel im Spiegel - (10:41) - 31,611 plays
- Cantus in memoriam Benjamin Britten - (6:07) - 10,744 plays
- Summa - (4:19) - 8,834 plays
- Für Alina - (10:45) - 8,518 plays
- Tabula Rasa: II. Silentium - (16:21) - 3,931 plays
- Fratres - (11:25) - 4,793 plays
- My Heart's in the Highlands - (8:40) - 4,631 plays
- Tabula Rasa: I. Ludus - (10:54) - 3,295 plays
- Cantus in Memory of Benjamin Britten - (5:07) - 3,720 plays
- fur alina - 4,386 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online