670 Shouts - 4,663,155 Scrobbles
Arvo Pärt is an Estonian composer, often identified with the school of minimalism, though he rejects this label (and, even more vehemently, the label of "holy minimalism", which he describes as meaningless). Arvo Pärt was born on 11th September 1935 in Paide, Järva County, Estonia. His musical studies began in 1954 at the Tallinn Music Secondary School, interrupted less than a year later while he fulfilled his National Service obligation as oboist and side-drummer in an army band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Spiegel im Spiegel - (10:41) - 30,397 plays
- Cantus in memoriam Benjamin Britten - (6:07) - 14,072 plays
- Summa - (4:19) - 8,371 plays
- Tabula Rasa: II. Silentium - (16:21) - 4,565 plays
- Für Alina - (10:45) - 8,586 plays
- Passio (extract) - (3:56) - 2,550 plays
- Tabula Rasa: I. Ludus - (10:54) - 3,301 plays
- Fratres - (11:25) - 4,590 plays
- Veni creator - (3:19) - 2,323 plays
- Cantus in Memory of Benjamin Britten - (5:07) - 3,429 plays