661 Shouts - 4,532,815 Scrobbles
Arvo Pärt (b. 1935) is an Estonian composer, often identified with the school of minimalism, though he rejects this label (and, even more vehemently, the label of "holy minimalism", which he describes as meaningless). Born on 11th September 1935 in Paide, Järva County, Estonia), his musical studies began in 1954 at the Tallinn Music Secondary School, interrupted less than a year later while he fulfilled his National Service obligation as oboist and side-drummer in an army band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Spiegel im Spiegel - (10:41) - 30,165 plays
- Cantus in memoriam Benjamin Britten - (6:07) - 11,903 plays
- Summa - (4:19) - 8,194 plays
- Für Alina - (10:45) - 9,185 plays
- Tabula Rasa: II. Silentium - (16:21) - 3,827 plays
- Fratres - (11:25) - 4,848 plays
- Tabula Rasa: I. Ludus - (10:54) - 3,325 plays
- Cantus in Memory of Benjamin Britten - (5:07) - 3,836 plays
- Magnificat - (7:52) - 2,859 plays
- Passio (extract) - (3:56) - 1,695 plays