644 Shouts - 4,182,862 Scrobbles
Arvo Pärt (b. 1935) is an Estonian composer, often identified with the school of minimalism, though he rejects this label (and, even more vehemently, the label of "holy minimalism", which he describes as meaningless). Born on 11th September 1935 in Paide, Järva County, Estonia), his musical studies began in 1954 at the Tallinn Music Secondary School, interrupted less than a year later while he fulfilled his National Service obligation as oboist and side-drummer in an army band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Spiegel im Spiegel - (9:25) - 26,376 plays
- Summa - (4:19) - 7,941 plays
- Cantus in memoriam Benjamin Britten - (6:17) - 4,839 plays
- Für Alina - (10:45) - 8,499 plays
- Fratres - (11:25) - 5,156 plays
- Cantus in Memory of Benjamin Britten - (5:07) - 4,335 plays
- Fratres for Strings and Percussion - (8:54) - 3,017 plays
- Tabula Rasa: I. Ludus - (10:54) - 2,756 plays
- Magnificat - (7:52) - 3,354 plays
- Tabula Rasa: II. Silentium - (16:21) - 2,143 plays