654 Shouts - 4,361,806 Scrobbles
Arvo Pärt (b. 1935) is an Estonian composer, often identified with the school of minimalism, though he rejects this label (and, even more vehemently, the label of "holy minimalism", which he describes as meaningless). Born on 11th September 1935 in Paide, Järva County, Estonia), his musical studies began in 1954 at the Tallinn Music Secondary School, interrupted less than a year later while he fulfilled his National Service obligation as oboist and side-drummer in an army band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Spiegel im Spiegel - (10:41) - 31,491 plays
- Summa - (4:19) - 8,989 plays
- Cantus in memoriam Benjamin Britten - (7:46) - 6,902 plays
- Für Alina - (10:45) - 10,446 plays
- Fratres - (11:25) - 5,195 plays
- Fratres for Strings and Percussion - (8:54) - 3,294 plays
- Cantus in Memory of Benjamin Britten - (5:07) - 4,241 plays
- Tabula Rasa: I. Ludus - (10:54) - 3,300 plays
- Tabula Rasa: II. Silentium - (16:21) - 2,824 plays
- Magnificat - (7:52) - 3,125 plays