666 Shouts - 4,578,145 Scrobbles
Arvo Pärt (b. 1935) is an Estonian composer, often identified with the school of minimalism, though he rejects this label (and, even more vehemently, the label of "holy minimalism", which he describes as meaningless). Born on 11th September 1935 in Paide, Järva County, Estonia), his musical studies began in 1954 at the Tallinn Music Secondary School, interrupted less than a year later while he fulfilled his National Service obligation as oboist and side-drummer in an army band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Spiegel im Spiegel - (10:41) - 30,187 plays
- Cantus in memoriam Benjamin Britten - (6:07) - 12,724 plays
- Summa - (4:19) - 8,160 plays
- Für Alina - (10:45) - 8,962 plays
- Tabula Rasa: II. Silentium - (16:21) - 4,037 plays
- Fratres - (11:25) - 4,796 plays
- Tabula Rasa: I. Ludus - (10:54) - 3,298 plays
- Cantus in Memory of Benjamin Britten - (5:07) - 3,600 plays
- Passio (extract) - (3:56) - 1,949 plays
- Veni creator - (3:19) - 1,844 plays