621 Shouts - 3,923,146 Scrobbles
Arvo Pärt (b. 1935) is an Estonian composer, often identified with the school of minimalism, though he rejects this label (and, even more vehemently, the label of "holy minimalism", which he describes as meaningless). Born on 11th September 1935 in Paide, Järva County, Estonia), his musical studies began in 1954 at the Tallinn Music Secondary School, interrupted less than a year later while he fulfilled his National Service obligation as oboist and side-drummer in an army band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Spiegel im Spiegel - (10:41) - 29,948 plays
- Summa - (4:19) - 9,952 plays
- Fratres - (11:25) - 7,391 plays
- Für Alina - (10:45) - 10,358 plays
- Cantus in Memory of Benjamin Britten - (5:07) - 6,480 plays
- Cantus in memoriam Benjamin Britten - (6:17) - 5,159 plays
- Magnificat - (7:52) - 4,794 plays
- Tabula Rasa: I. Ludus - (10:54) - 2,835 plays
- Tabula Rasa - (26:19) - 2,682 plays
- Festina lente - (5:53) - 2,626 plays