22 Shouts - 510,195 Scrobbles
Arturo Sandoval (November 6, 1949 - ) is a Cuban-American jazz and classical trumpeter.
Granted political asylum in July 1990 and US citizenship in 1999, Sandoval and his family now call Miami, Florida home. A protégé of the legendary jazz master Dizzy Gillespie, Sandoval was born in Artemisa, a small town in the outskirts of Havana, Cuba, just two years after Gillespie became the first musician to bring Latin influences into American Jazz. Sandoval began studying classical trumpet at the age of twelve, but it didn’t take him long to catch the excitement of the jazz world.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Manteca - (3:23) - 630 plays
- Joy Spring - (5:42) - 453 plays
- I Remember Clifford - (4:12) - 425 plays
- Be-Bop - (4:20) - 425 plays
- A Mis Abuelos - (5:24) - 499 plays
- La Virgen De La Macarena - (3:04) - 296 plays
- A Night in Tunisia - (7:29) - 250 plays
- A Time for Love - (5:03) - 275 plays
- Speak Low - (4:35) - 254 plays
- Dipper Mouth Blues - (2:12) - 158 plays