21 Shouts - 523,449 Scrobbles
Arturo Sandoval (November 6, 1949 - ) is a Cuban-American jazz and classical trumpeter.
Granted political asylum in July 1990 and US citizenship in 1999, Sandoval and his family now call Miami, Florida home. A protégé of the legendary jazz master Dizzy Gillespie, Sandoval was born in Artemisa, a small town in the outskirts of Havana, Cuba, just two years after Gillespie became the first musician to bring Latin influences into American Jazz. Sandoval began studying classical trumpet at the age of twelve, but it didn’t take him long to catch the excitement of the jazz world.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Manteca - (3:23) - 587 plays
- Joy Spring - (5:42) - 398 plays
- Be-Bop - (4:20) - 403 plays
- I Remember Clifford - (4:12) - 384 plays
- A Mis Abuelos - (5:24) - 373 plays
- La Virgen De La Macarena - (3:04) - 283 plays
- A Night in Tunisia - (7:29) - 224 plays
- Speak Low - (4:35) - 221 plays
- A Time for Love - (5:03) - 192 plays
- Dipper Mouth Blues - (2:12) - 151 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online