22 Shouts - 508,425 Scrobbles
Arturo Sandoval (November 6, 1949 - ) is a Cuban-American jazz and classical trumpeter.
Granted political asylum in July 1990 and US citizenship in 1999, Sandoval and his family now call Miami, Florida home. A protégé of the legendary jazz master Dizzy Gillespie, Sandoval was born in Artemisa, a small town in the outskirts of Havana, Cuba, just two years after Gillespie became the first musician to bring Latin influences into American Jazz. Sandoval began studying classical trumpet at the age of twelve, but it didn’t take him long to catch the excitement of the jazz world.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Manteca - (3:23) - 649 plays
- Joy Spring - (5:42) - 491 plays
- I Remember Clifford - (4:12) - 426 plays
- Be-Bop - (4:20) - 441 plays
- A Mis Abuelos - (5:24) - 499 plays
- La Virgen De La Macarena - (3:04) - 310 plays
- A Night in Tunisia - (7:29) - 263 plays
- A Time for Love - (5:03) - 326 plays
- Dipper Mouth Blues - (2:12) - 206 plays
- Speak Low - (4:35) - 285 plays
- Sia’s In The Billboard Top 10 For The First Time As A Solo Artist
- Hilary Duff Drops “Chasing The Sun” Comeback Single + Video
- Nicki Minaj Delays “Anaconda” Release A Week Later
- “Weird Al” Yankovic’s ‘Mandatory Fun’ Is His First No.1 Album Ever
- Beyonce, Iggy Azalea, Eminem Top 2014 MTV VMAs Nominations