21 Shouts - 517,701 Scrobbles
Arturo Sandoval (November 6, 1949 - ) is a Cuban-American jazz and classical trumpeter.
Granted political asylum in July 1990 and US citizenship in 1999, Sandoval and his family now call Miami, Florida home. A protégé of the legendary jazz master Dizzy Gillespie, Sandoval was born in Artemisa, a small town in the outskirts of Havana, Cuba, just two years after Gillespie became the first musician to bring Latin influences into American Jazz. Sandoval began studying classical trumpet at the age of twelve, but it didn’t take him long to catch the excitement of the jazz world.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Manteca - (3:23) - 558 plays
- Be-Bop - (4:20) - 464 plays
- Joy Spring - (5:42) - 387 plays
- I Remember Clifford - (4:12) - 431 plays
- A Mis Abuelos - (5:24) - 446 plays
- La Virgen De La Macarena - (3:04) - 256 plays
- A Night in Tunisia - (7:29) - 257 plays
- Speak Low - (4:35) - 251 plays
- A Time for Love - (5:03) - 234 plays
- Flight To Freedom - (3:50) - 142 plays