25 Shouts - 400,408 Scrobbles
Born on 1932 in Kauai, Hawaii, Lyman originally was the vibes player with 4 mallets in Martin Denny's 1950's exotica combo that played Honolulu's Halekulani Hotel. After their chart topping sucess on "Quiet Village", Lyman soon branched out on his own and became a musical star in his own right. He was a vital part of the tropical tiki trend, with his signature mellow marimba and echoing bird calls.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Yellow Bird - (2:44) - 952 plays
- Caravan - (2:31) - 1,249 plays
- Taboo - (4:41) - 970 plays
- Hilawe - (1:11) - 660 plays
- Quiet Village - (3:47) - 519 plays
- Misirlou - (2:55) - 544 plays
- La Paloma - (2:30) - 250 plays
- Bamboo Tamboo - (2:01) - 208 plays
- Tropical - (3:08) - 339 plays
- Sea Breeze - (3:23) - 205 plays