24 Shouts - 354,115 Scrobbles
Born on 1932 in Kauai, Hawaii, Lyman originally was the vibes player with 4 mallets in Martin Denny's 1950's exotica combo that played Honolulu's Halekulani Hotel. After their chart topping sucess on "Quiet Village", Lyman soon branched out on his own and became a musical star in his own right. He was a vital part of the tropical tiki trend, with his signature mellow marimba and echoing bird calls.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Caravan - (2:29) - 1,135 plays
- Yellow Bird - (2:47) - 731 plays
- Taboo - (4:41) - 763 plays
- Hilawe - (1:11) - 587 plays
- Quiet Village - (3:43) - 384 plays
- Misirlou - (2:54) - 465 plays
- Blue Hawaii - (3:26) - 346 plays
- Sea Breeze - (3:30) - 306 plays
- Taboo Tu - (2:05) - 221 plays
- Beyond The Reef - (2:14) - 269 plays