24 Shouts - 365,485 Scrobbles
Born on 1932 in Kauai, Hawaii, Lyman originally was the vibes player with 4 mallets in Martin Denny's 1950's exotica combo that played Honolulu's Halekulani Hotel. After their chart topping sucess on "Quiet Village", Lyman soon branched out on his own and became a musical star in his own right. He was a vital part of the tropical tiki trend, with his signature mellow marimba and echoing bird calls.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Yellow Bird - (2:46) - 1,421 plays
- Caravan - (2:31) - 1,238 plays
- Taboo - (4:41) - 877 plays
- La Paloma - (2:30) - 511 plays
- Hilawe - (1:11) - 829 plays
- Quiet Village - (3:47) - 424 plays
- Fire Down Below - (2:29) - 323 plays
- Misirlou - (2:55) - 528 plays
- Sea Breeze - (3:23) - 359 plays
- Bamboo Tamboo - (2:01) - 204 plays