24 Shouts - 378,646 Scrobbles
Born on 1932 in Kauai, Hawaii, Lyman originally was the vibes player with 4 mallets in Martin Denny's 1950's exotica combo that played Honolulu's Halekulani Hotel. After their chart topping sucess on "Quiet Village", Lyman soon branched out on his own and became a musical star in his own right. He was a vital part of the tropical tiki trend, with his signature mellow marimba and echoing bird calls.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Yellow Bird - (2:44) - 993 plays
- Caravan - (2:31) - 1,215 plays
- Taboo - (4:41) - 812 plays
- La Paloma - (2:30) - 448 plays
- Hilawe - (1:11) - 822 plays
- Misirlou - (2:55) - 498 plays
- Quiet Village - (3:47) - 341 plays
- Fire Down Below - (2:29) - 245 plays
- Sea Breeze - (3:23) - 345 plays
- Bamboo Tamboo - (2:01) - 204 plays