24 Shouts - 338,471 Scrobbles
Born on 1932 in Kauai, Hawaii, Lyman originally was the vibes player with 4 mallets in Martin Denny's 1950's exotica combo that played Honolulu's Halekulani Hotel. After their chart topping sucess on "Quiet Village", Lyman soon branched out on his own and became a musical star in his own right. He was a vital part of the tropical tiki trend, with his signature mellow marimba and echoing bird calls.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Caravan - (2:29) - 1,284 plays
- Taboo - (4:40) - 847 plays
- Yellow Bird - (2:47) - 624 plays
- Hilawe - (1:11) - 650 plays
- Misirlou - (2:54) - 535 plays
- Quiet Village - (3:43) - 342 plays
- Blue Hawaii - (3:26) - 410 plays
- Taboo Tu - (2:06) - 266 plays
- Dahil Sayo - (2:30) - 482 plays
- Beyond The Reef - (2:14) - 336 plays
- Rebecca Black Enters Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart With “Saturday”
- Nirvana To Be Inducted Into The Rock N’ Roll Hall Of Fame
- Eminem ft. Rihanna’s “The Monster”: A Sequel To “Love The Way You Lie”?
- Garth Brooks Rules The Billboard 200 Chart With New Release
- Jay Z Leads The GRAMMYs Nominations Pack With 9 Nods