22 Shouts - 316,059 Scrobbles
Born on 1932 in Kauai, Hawaii, Lyman originally was the vibes player with 4 mallets in Martin Denny's 1950's exotica combo that played Honolulu's Halekulani Hotel. After their chart topping sucess on "Quiet Village", Lyman soon branched out on his own and became a musical star in his own right. He was a vital part of the tropical tiki trend, with his signature mellow marimba and echoing bird calls.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Caravan - (2:29) - 1,653 plays
- Taboo - (4:41) - 913 plays
- Hilawe - (1:11) - 937 plays
- Yellow Bird - (2:45) - 707 plays
- Misirlou - (2:54) - 505 plays
- Blue Hawaii - (3:26) - 477 plays
- Quiet Village - (3:43) - 382 plays
- Taboo Tu - (2:05) - 325 plays
- Dahil Sayo - (2:26) - 375 plays
- Beyond the Reef - (2:14) - 349 plays