3 Shouts - 29,142 Scrobbles
A brilliant altoist. With the heart of Parker, the wisdom of Ornette, and the joy of Ellington! (OK Ellington didn't play the alto, but you get me, don't you?) A singularly distinctive and uniquely distinguishable stylist, Arthur Blythe is considered one of the greatest alto saxaphonist's of his generation. Born in Los Angeles, May 7, 1940, and raised in San Diego, CA Blythe's beautiful, passionate and expressive sound validate his reputation as one of the most significant jazz musicians of our times.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Autumn in New York - (3:10) - 229 plays
- Sentimental Walk - (5:56) - 79 plays
- Down San Diego Way - (7:46) - 77 plays
- Lenox Avenue Breakdown - 77 plays
- Odessa - 53 plays
- Slidin' Through - (9:38) - 56 plays
- Illusions - (4:10) - 53 plays
- Bush Baby - (8:12) - 43 plays
- Autumn In New York (Part One) - (3:01) - 58 plays
- My Son Ra - (3:18) - 52 plays