Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers
120 Shouts - 2,039,690 Scrobbles
Art Blakey and Horace Silver formed the Jazz Messengers in 1955 and co-led it. When Silver dropped out in the group's first year the group name was changed to Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers. Wayne Shorter was a long-standing member of the group, joining after the departure of Benny Golson, while other young musicians like Curtis Fuller, Donald Byrd, Jymie Merritt, Hank Mobley, Freddie Hubbard, Lee Morgan, Bobby Timmons and Wynton Marsalis would come and go. Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers continued to peform until shortly before Blakey's death in 1990.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Moanin' - (9:35) - 23,425 plays
- Along Came Betty - (6:12) - 8,863 plays
- Come Rain Or Come Shine - (8:31) - 7,583 plays
- Blues March - (6:17) - 7,006 plays
- The Drum Thunder Suite - (7:33) - 4,659 plays
- Are You Real - (4:50) - 4,111 plays
- Warm-Up and Dialogue Between Lee and Rudy - (0:35) - 4,027 plays
- Dat Dere - (8:48) - 3,275 plays
- Are You Real? - (4:47) - 3,347 plays
- A Night in Tunisia - (12:50) - 2,657 plays