Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers
126 Shouts - 2,233,504 Scrobbles
Art Blakey and Horace Silver formed the Jazz Messengers in 1955 and co-led it. When Silver dropped out in the group's first year the group name was changed to Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers. Wayne Shorter was a long-standing member of the group, joining after the departure of Benny Golson, while other young musicians like Curtis Fuller, Donald Byrd, James 'Blood' Ulmer,Jymie Merritt, Hank Mobley, Freddie Hubbard, Lee Morgan, Bobby Timmons and Wynton Marsalis would come and go. Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers continued to peform until shortly before Blakey's death in 1990.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Moanin' - (9:35) - 17,273 plays
- Along Came Betty - (6:12) - 6,945 plays
- Come Rain Or Come Shine - (8:31) - 6,308 plays
- Blues March - (5:57) - 5,287 plays
- Dat Dere - (8:48) - 3,031 plays
- The Drum Thunder Suite - (7:33) - 3,233 plays
- Are You Real - (4:50) - 3,228 plays
- Warm-Up And Dialogue Between Lee And Rudy - (0:35) - 2,600 plays
- Are You Real? - (4:50) - 2,674 plays
- Lester Left Town - (9:29) - 1,741 plays