3 Shouts - 12,608 Scrobbles
Italian composer, librettist and poet (February 24th, 1842, Padova - 1918, Milan) Although chiefly remembered for his work as a librettist, essentially for Verdi (he wrote the libretto for his two Shakespearean adaptations: Falstaff and Othello and revised the text for Simon Boccanegra), he also wrote the full libretto and music for one single opera: Mefistofele, now part of the common international repertoire.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mefistofele, Act III: The Death of Margherita: L'altra notte in fondo al mare - (9:08) - 31 plays
- The Night Of Sabbath: Ecco il mondo (From "Mefistofele") - (3:28) - 11 plays
- Mefistofele: Act I Scene 1: Easter Sunday: Al soave raggiar di primavera (Faust, Wagner, Chorus of Peasants) - (4:32) - 8 plays
- Mefistofele / Act 1: Sono lo spirito che nega - (4:48) - 6 plays
- Mefistofele / Prologue: Ave, Signor degli angeli e dei santi! - (3:59) - 20 plays
- Boito: Mefistofele: Prelude - Prologue - (5:13) - 5 plays
- Mefistofele / Act 4: O incantesimo! parla! parla! - (5:54) - 21 plays
- Mefistofele / Act 1: Dai campi, dai prati - (3:18) - 5 plays
- Mefistofele / Prologue: Ave Signor! - (4:07) - 6 plays
- Mefistofele / Act 3: L'altra notte in fondo al mare - (7:48) - 4 plays