2 Shouts - 11,539 Scrobbles
Italian composer, librettist and poet (February 24th, 1842, Padova - 1918, Milan) Although chiefly remembered for his work as a librettist, essentially for Verdi (he wrote the libretto for his two Shakespearean adaptations: Falstaff and Othello and revised the text for Simon Boccanegra), he also wrote the full libretto and music for one single opera: Mefistofele, now part of the common international repertoire.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Night Of Sabbath: Ecco il mondo (From "Mefistofele") - (3:28) - 27 plays
- Mefistofele - Dai campi, dai prati - (3:18) - 19 plays
- Arrigo Boïto: Mefistofele / Act 1 - Dai campi, dai prati - (2:36) - 13 plays
- Mefistofele - Giunto sul passo estremo (Epilogue) - (3:06) - 10 plays
- Arrigo Boïto: Mefistofele / Act 4 - "Giunto sul passo estremo" - (3:24) - 7 plays
- L'altra notte in fondo al mare - (7:12) - 13 plays
- Arrigo Boïto: Mefistofele / Act 4 - O incantesimo! parla! parla! - (6:04) - 4 plays
- Mefistofele: Prologue, "Ave, Signor Degli Angeli E Dei Santi" (Falangi Celesti) - (3:31) - 7 plays
- Boito: Mefistofele: L'altra notte in fondo al mare - (6:40) - 3 plays
- Mefistofele: Prologue, "T'È Noto Faust" (Chorus Mysticus) - (3:12) - 7 plays