2 Shouts - 10,910 Scrobbles
Italian composer, librettist and poet (February 24th, 1842, Padova - 1918, Milan) Although chiefly remembered for his work as a librettist, essentially for Verdi (he wrote the libretto for his two Shakespearean adaptations: Falstaff and Othello and revised the text for Simon Boccanegra), he also wrote the full libretto and music for one single opera: Mefistofele, now part of the common international repertoire.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mefistofele - Dai campi, dai prati - (3:18) - 133 plays
- Mefistofele - Giunto sul passo estremo (Epilogue) - (3:06) - 66 plays
- L'altra notte in fondo al mare - (7:12) - 21 plays
- Boito: Nerone: Che tenti?... Esploro - (2:45) - 20 plays
- The Night Of Sabbath: Ecco il mondo (From "Mefistofele") - (3:28) - 15 plays
- Boito: Nerone: Simon... Tu! Qui? - (6:32) - 11 plays
- Mefistofele - (2:54) - 10 plays
- Otello, Act I: Fuoco di gioia - (2:47) - 9 plays
- Prologue in Heaven: Ave, Signor degli angeli - (3:22) - 6 plays
- Mefistofele: Act 3, "L'Altra notte in fondo al mare" - (7:29) - 6 plays