3 Shouts - 12,186 Scrobbles
Italian composer, librettist and poet (February 24th, 1842, Padova - 1918, Milan) Although chiefly remembered for his work as a librettist, essentially for Verdi (he wrote the libretto for his two Shakespearean adaptations: Falstaff and Othello and revised the text for Simon Boccanegra), he also wrote the full libretto and music for one single opera: Mefistofele, now part of the common international repertoire.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Night Of Sabbath: Ecco il mondo (From "Mefistofele") - (3:28) - 14 plays
- Mefistofele, Act III: The Death of Margherita: L'altra notte in fondo al mare - (9:08) - 9 plays
- Boito: Mefistofele: Ave Signor - Prologue - (4:43) - 17 plays
- Mefistofele: Act I Scene 1: Easter Sunday: Al soave raggiar di primavera (Faust, Wagner, Chorus of Peasants) - (4:32) - 8 plays
- Arrigo Boïto: Mefistofele / Act 4 - "Giunto sul passo estremo" - (3:24) - 4 plays
- Boito: Mefistofele: Prelude - Prologue - (5:13) - 5 plays
- Simon Boccanegra: Act I, "Vieni a mirar la cerula marina tremolante...Ripara i tuoi pensieri" - (2:55) - 5 plays
- Dai campi, dai prati - (2:30) - 3 plays
- Boito: Mefistofele: Son los pirito che nega - Act One - (4:14) - 3 plays
- Arrigo Boïto: Mefistofele / Act 1 - Dai campi, dai prati - (2:36) - 3 plays