0 Shouts - 6,172 Scrobbles
Armando Peraza (born ca. May 30, 1924 in Havana, Cuba) is a Latin jazz percussionist. Through his long associations with jazz pianist George Shearing, vibraphonist Cal Tjader and guitarist Carlos Santana, he has been internationally known from the 1950s through to the 1990s. Although primarily known as a bongocero and conguero, Peraza is also an innovative and accomplished dancer and composer. Peraza has been featured on classic recordings by Perez Prado, Machito, George Shearing, Charlie Parker, Tito Puente, Cal Tjader and Carlos Santana.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Viva Peraza - (4:54) - 84 plays
- Wild Thing - (3:36) - 85 plays
- Funky Broadway - (4:22) - 42 plays
- Red Onions - (6:50) - 34 plays
- Al Bajar El Sol - (3:16) - 17 plays
- Souled Out - (4:14) - 8 plays
- Mony Mony - (3:39) - 8 plays
- Granny's Samba - (4:16) - 7 plays
- Funkin' Broadway - (4:16) - 7 plays
- Mambo Inn (feat. Armando Peraza) - (3:28) - 4 plays