961 Shouts - 17,723,465 Scrobbles
Aretha Franklin (March 25, 1942) is a Memphis, Tennessee-born but Detroit, Michigan-reared American iconic gospel, soul, and R&B singer. Many have called her "The Queen Of Soul" and "Lady Soul". She is renowned for her soul and R&B recordings (on many, of which, she accompanies herself on keyboards and piano -- a skill she learned at an early age, learning to play by ear, according to lifetime friend Smokey Robinson) but is also adept at jazz, rock, blues, pop, and gospel.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWhat you want, baby, I got it
What's you need? You know I got it
All I'm askin' is for a little respect when you get home
Hey baby, when you get home, mister
I ain't gonna do you wrong while you're gone
- LyricsThe moment I wake up
Before I put on my makeup
I say a little pray for you
While combing my hair now
And wondering what dress to wear now
- LyricsYou better think
Think about what you're tryin' to do to me
- Chain of Fools - (2:46) - 46,170 plays
- LyricsBilly Ray was a preacher's son
And when his daddy would visit he'd come along
When they gathered around the party talkin'
That's when Billy would take me walkin'
Through the back yard we'd go walkin'
- Rock Steady - (3:13) - 20,126 plays
- (You Make Me Feel Like) a Natural Woman - (2:42) - 20,056 plays
- [You Make Me Feel Like] A Natural Woman - (2:44) - 15,839 plays
- Do Right Woman, Do Right Man - (3:13) - 14,374 plays
- I Never Loved a Man (the Way I Love You) - (2:50) - 15,101 plays