966 Shouts - 18,278,471 Scrobbles
Aretha Franklin (March 25, 1942) is a Memphis, Tennessee-born but Detroit, Michigan-reared American iconic gospel, soul, and R&B singer. Many have called her "The Queen Of Soul" and "Lady Soul". She is renowned for her soul and R&B recordings (on many, of which, she accompanies herself on keyboards and piano -- a skill she learned at an early age, learning to play by ear, according to lifetime friend Smokey Robinson) but is also adept at jazz, rock, blues, pop, and gospel.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Respect - (2:24) - 115,637 plays
- I Say a Little Prayer - (3:29) - 76,471 plays
- Think - (2:17) - 56,592 plays
- Chain of Fools - (2:46) - 43,882 plays
- LyricsBilly Ray was a preacher's son
And when his daddy would visit he'd come along
When they gathered around the party talkin'
That's when Billy would take me walkin'
Through the back yard we'd go walkin'
- Joy to the World - (3:01) - 18,158 plays
- Rock Steady - (3:13) - 19,180 plays
- (You Make Me Feel Like) a Natural Woman - (2:42) - 20,333 plays
- [You Make Me Feel Like] A Natural Woman - (2:44) - 15,262 plays
- Do Right Woman, Do Right Man - (3:13) - 14,472 plays