36 Shouts - 630,731 Scrobbles
Archie Shepp is an American jazz saxophonist, poet, and playwright long known for the outspoken political tones in his work. Shepp was born in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on May 24th, 1937, but raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he studied piano, clarinet and alto saxophone before focusing on tenor saxophone (he occasionally plays soprano saxophone). He is best known for his passionately afrocentric music of the late sixties which focused on highlighting the injustices faced by people of African descent.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Attica Blues - (4:48) - 1,522 plays
- Blues For Brother George Jackson - (3:47) - 1,060 plays
- Ballad For A Child - (3:36) - 592 plays
- Naima - (7:07) - 475 plays
- Quiet Dawn - (6:12) - 487 plays
- Blues For Brother George Jackson - Mondo Grosso Next Wave Remix - (5:11) - 551 plays
- Invocation To Mr. Parker - (3:16) - 424 plays
- Steam (Part 1) - (5:07) - 402 plays
- Sophisticated Lady - (7:07) - 381 plays
- The Girl From Ipanema - (8:34) - 309 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online