33 Shouts - 594,649 Scrobbles
Archie Shepp is an American jazz saxophonist, poet, and playwright long known for the outspoken political tones in his work. Shepp was born in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on May 24th, 1937, but raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he studied piano, clarinet and alto saxophone before focusing on tenor saxophone (he occasionally plays soprano saxophone). He is best known for his passionately afrocentric music of the late sixties which focused on highlighting the injustices faced by people of African descent.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Attica Blues - (4:48) - 5,023 plays
- Blues For Brother George Jackson - (3:47) - 1,419 plays
- Ballad For A Child - (3:36) - 754 plays
- Quiet Dawn - (6:12) - 742 plays
- Blues For Brother George Jackson - Mondo Grosso Next Wave Remix - (5:11) - 673 plays
- Invocation To Mr. Parker - (3:16) - 608 plays
- Steam (Part 1) - (5:07) - 517 plays
- Naima - (7:07) - 450 plays
- Cousin Mary - (7:14) - 465 plays
- Mama Too Tight - (5:23) - 390 plays