52 Shouts - 1,862,812 Scrobbles
Arcangelo Corelli (17 February 1653–8 January 1713) was an influential Italian violinist and composer of baroque music. Corelli was born at Fusignano, in the present-day province of Ravenna. Little is known about his early life. His master on the violin was Bassani, and Matteo Simonelli, the well-known singer of the pope’s chapel, taught him composition. His first major success was gained in Paris at the age of nineteen, and to this he owed his European reputation.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Concerto grosso in G minor, Op.6, No.8 "fatto per la notte di Na tale": 6. Pastorale: Largo - Excerpt - (3:55) - 2,986 plays
- Sonata 6 In A Major: I. Grave - (3:24) - 1,557 plays
- Concerto Grosso No. 8 in G Minor, Op. 6, "Christmas Concerto": III. Vivace - Allegro - Pastorale ad libitum: Largo - (6:40) - 1,369 plays
- Allegro - (2:11) - 1,632 plays
- Concerto Grosso Op. 6 No. 8 in G minor (Christmas Concerto): Adagio-Allegro-Adagio (From Master and Commander: The Far Side Of The World) - (3:37) - 547 plays
- Largo - (4:13) - 488 plays
- Adagio - (1:16) - 711 plays
- Concerto Grosso No. 8 in G Minor, Op. 6, "Christmas Concerto": Allegro - (2:27) - 377 plays
- Pastorale - (3:54) - 289 plays
- Concerto Grosso in D Major, Op. 6, No. 4*: II. Adagio: Vivace - (4:27) - 278 plays