51 Shouts - 1,664,488 Scrobbles
Arcangelo Corelli (17 February 1653–8 January 1713) was an influential Italian violinist and composer of baroque music. Corelli was born at Fusignano, in the present-day province of Ravenna. Little is known about his early life. His master on the violin was Bassani, and Matteo Simonelli, the well-known singer of the pope’s chapel, taught him composition. His first major success was gained in Paris at the age of nineteen, and to this he owed his European reputation.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Allegro - (2:11) - 2,516 plays
- IV. Gavotta: Allegro - (0:41) - 1,646 plays
- II. Allegro - (1:15) - 1,216 plays
- Allemanda: Adagio - (4:13) - 1,012 plays
- Pastorale - (3:54) - 933 plays
- Arcangelo Corelli: Concerto grosso in G minor, Op.6, No.8 "fatto per la notte di Na tale" - 6. Pastorale: Largo - Excerpt - (3:55) - 711 plays
- I. Vivace - Allegro - Adagio - Vivace - Allegro - Largo andante - (4:07) - 919 plays
- I. Preludio: Andante largo - (2:34) - 784 plays
- III. Vivace - (0:54) - 741 plays
- Concerto Grosso Op. 6 No. 8 in G minor (Christmas Concerto): Adagio-Allegro-Adagio (From Master and Commander: The Far Side Of The World) - (3:37) - 807 plays