Antônio Carlos Jobim
510 Shouts - 7,556,310 Scrobbles
Antônio Carlos Brasileiro de Almeida Jobim (born January 25, 1927 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – December 8, 1994 in New York City), also called Tom Jobim, was a Brazilian composer, arranger, singer, pianist and perhaps the greatest legend of bossa nova. Jobim's compositions, many performed by João Gilberto, gave birth to the genre in the early 1960s. Jobim's roots were planted firmly in the works of Pixinguinha, a legendary musician and composer who, in the 1930s, began the development of modern Brazilian music. He was also influenced by the music of French composer Claude Debussy and by jazz.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Águas de março - (3:34) - 23,517 plays
- Wave - (2:47) - 10,617 plays
- LyricsEu quis amar mais tive medo
E quis salvar meu coração
Mas o amor sabe um segredo
O medo pode matar o seu coração
Agua de beber
- Triste - (2:04) - 8,870 plays
- Chega de Saudade - (2:44) - 7,467 plays
- Corcovado - (2:55) - 6,547 plays
- Insensatez - (3:21) - 4,895 plays
- Desafinado - (2:54) - 4,598 plays
- The Girl from Ipanema - (4:45) - 4,107 plays
- O Morro Nao Tem Vez - (2:36) - 3,130 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online