Antônio Carlos Jobim
496 Shouts - 6,868,125 Scrobbles
Antônio Carlos Brasileiro de Almeida Jobim (born January 25, 1927 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – December 8, 1994 in New York City), also called Tom Jobim, was a Brazilian composer, arranger, singer, pianist and perhaps the greatest legend of bossa nova. Jobim's compositions, many performed by João Gilberto, gave birth to the genre in the early 1960s. Jobim's roots were planted firmly in the works of Pixinguinha, a legendary musician and composer who, in the 1930s, began the development of modern Brazilian music. He was also influenced by the music of French composer Claude Debussy and by jazz.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Águas de março - (3:34) - 7,081 plays
- Wave - (2:47) - 6,473 plays
- Triste - (2:04) - 4,826 plays
- Chega de Saudade - (2:44) - 4,428 plays
- Insensatez - (3:21) - 3,841 plays
- Agua de Beber - (2:53) - 3,451 plays
- Desafinado - (2:54) - 3,435 plays
- The Girl from Ipanema - (4:45) - 3,030 plays
- A Felicidade - (4:24) - 2,655 plays
- Corcovado - (2:55) - 2,696 plays