Antônio Carlos Jobim
499 Shouts - 7,065,321 Scrobbles
Antônio Carlos Brasileiro de Almeida Jobim (born January 25, 1927 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – December 8, 1994 in New York City), also called Tom Jobim, was a Brazilian composer, arranger, singer, pianist and perhaps the greatest legend of bossa nova. Jobim's compositions, many performed by João Gilberto, gave birth to the genre in the early 1960s. Jobim's roots were planted firmly in the works of Pixinguinha, a legendary musician and composer who, in the 1930s, began the development of modern Brazilian music. He was also influenced by the music of French composer Claude Debussy and by jazz.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Águas de março - (3:34) - 15,389 plays
- Triste - (2:04) - 7,892 plays
- Chega de Saudade - (2:44) - 8,224 plays
- Wave - (2:47) - 7,509 plays
- Agua de Beber - (2:53) - 5,144 plays
- A Felicidade - (4:24) - 4,642 plays
- Insensatez - (3:21) - 4,327 plays
- The Girl from Ipanema - (4:45) - 4,184 plays
- Corcovado - (2:55) - 3,539 plays
- Desafinado - (2:54) - 3,760 plays