55 Shouts - 312,533 Scrobbles
Anne Patricia Briggs (born 1944), known as Anne Briggs, is an English folk singer. Although she travelled widely, in the 1960s and early 1970s, appearing at folk clubs and venues in England and Ireland, she never aspired to commercial success or to achieve widespread public acknowledgement of her music. However, she was a highly influential figure in the English folk music revival, being a source of songs and musical inspiration for others such as A.L. Lloyd, Bert Jansch, The Watersons, June Tabor, Sandy Denny and Maddy Prior.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Blackwater Side - (3:53) - 1,601 plays
- Go Your Way - (4:13) - 1,036 plays
- The Snow It Melts the Soonest - (2:23) - 1,051 plays
- Reynardine - (2:59) - 715 plays
- She Moves Through the Fair - (2:18) - 641 plays
- Sandman's Song - (5:01) - 689 plays
- The Cuckoo - (3:10) - 606 plays
- Living by the Water - (3:54) - 687 plays
- Thorneymoor Woods - (3:36) - 546 plays
- Fine Horseman - (3:03) - 579 plays