663 Shouts - 14,670,948 Scrobbles
Angela Maria "Ani" DiFranco was born on September 23rd, 1970 from parents with Italian and Canadian backgrounds. Both her father, Dante, and her mother, Elisabeth, were architects. She grew up in Buffalo, N.Y. and played her first gigs at the age of nine, playing in local bars in her hometown. She attended the Buffalo Academy for Visual and Performing Arts. She moved to New York City at 16 and in 1988 she made a demo which has become a highly sought-after fan item. She is now a prolific artist.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsSuch an intent stare
One eye at a time
Your talons like fish hooks
You are a rare bird
The kind I wouldn't even mind
- Joe Hill (instrumental) - 4,416 plays
- LyricsI am walking
Out in the rain
And I am listening to the low moan
Of the dial tone again
And I am getting
- LyricsI am not a pretty girl, that is not what I do
I ain't no damsel in distress and I don't need to be rescued
So, so put me down, punk, wouldn't you prefer a maiden fair?
Isn't there a kitten stuck up a tree somewhere?
I am not an angry girl but it seems like I've got everyone fooled
- LyricsThink I'm going for a walk now
I feel a little unsteady
I don't want no one to follow me
Except maybe you
I could make you happy, you know
- 32 Flavors - (6:09) - 4,966 plays
- You Had Time - (5:48) - 4,672 plays
- Gravel - (3:32) - 3,131 plays
- Little Plastic Castle - (4:03) - 2,889 plays
- Shy - (4:46) - 2,619 plays