39 Shouts - 58,525 Scrobbles
Angus MacLise (March 4, 1938 - June 21, 1979) was a percussionist, composer, mystic, shaman, poet, occultist and calligrapher. He is probably best known as the first drummer for the Velvet Underground, but had an intriguing career outside of that group.
MacLise was a member of La Monte Young's Theater of Eternal Music, with John Cale and Tony Conrad. He was also an early member of The Velvet Underground, having been brought into the group by flatmate John Cale. MacLise played bongos and hand drums during 1965 with the first incarnation of the band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Trance #2 - 181 plays
- Four Speed Trance - (3:18) - 74 plays
- Two Speed Trance - 69 plays
- Humming in the Night Skull - 78 plays
- Blastitude - (8:40) - 64 plays
- Tunnel music 1 - (2:51) - 63 plays
- Shortwave-India - 62 plays
- Electronic Mix for 'Expanded Cinema' - 72 plays
- Tunnel Music, Pt. 1 - (2:52) - 60 plays
- Chumlum - (4:22) - 67 plays