0 Shouts - 668,751 Scrobbles
There are two artists on Last.fm known as Andy Davis.Read More...
1) Andy Davis, Louisiana-born songwriter
2) Andy Davis, music producer, member of Stackridge , former member of The Korgis, who also played acoustic guitar and sang backing vocals on John Lennon's Imagine album.
1) A southern boy at heart, Andy Davis works with what he knows best: charm. Quirky, clever, talented and tender, Andy writes music to make you look for a soft hand to hold. With a movie-maker's eye for storytelling, he shows that every glimpse in life tells a story and that every saga must be distilled into vignettes. Andy is a rare talent: an unplugged Whiskeytown-era Ryan Adams crossed with a latter-day Billy Joel, without the self-destructive tendencies of either. Surprisingly soulful for a young man whose peers spend more time cruising than crooning, Andy Davis writes songs that make us remember things too important to have forgotten: incomprehensible faith, the torture of deep emotion, and belief in boundless possibilities. Everyone rushes past these quiet monoliths on our way through young adulthood, and Andy's music makes us want to go back and find them. His songs make you remember your firsts: first kiss, first love, first date, first heartbreak. It's the accessibility of Andy's agony and ecstasy that makes you feel what it's like to be a poet. Life becomes less complicated when we grasp the essence of true living. The music of Andy Davis beckons like a whisper through the cacophony of smooth snake oil vendors. It's uncorrupted rawness, genuine and unpretentious -- authenticity unencumbered by fake industry.
Born in Louisiana and later migrating with his family to the southeast, Andy grew up listening to oldies and gospel music before moving to Nashville for college. With musical influences from David Wilcox to Stevie Wonder to Radiohead to Rufus Wainwright, it's no surprise that Andy writes like a poet, plays a slew of instruments (from drum kit to trumpet), and rocks out on stage. Runway Network is currently promoting Andy's independent album titled, "Thinks of Her."
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Laugh So You Don't Cry - 71,430 plays
- Bigger Than Us - 54,322 plays
- Please Turn Red - 52,297 plays
- It Just Happened That Way - 44,769 plays
- Spontaneous - 42,507 plays
- Quicksand - 39,206 plays
- Good Life - 39,429 plays
- Earth & Venus - 33,543 plays
- Let The Woman - 27,617 plays
- Beautiful Day For Bad News - 26,423 plays