Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire
145 Shouts - 2,140,937 Scrobbles
Chicago singer/songwriter/violinist Andrew Bird updates the traditions of small-group swing, German leider, and New Orleans jazz, mixing gypsy, folk, and rock elements into his distinctive style. Bird's projects include his group the Bowl of Fire (which also includes drummer Kevin O'Donnell, bassist Josh Hirsch, and guitarist Colin Bunn) and performing as an auxiliary member of the Squirrel Nut Zippers; in turn, the Zippers' Katharine Whalen and James Mathus appeared on the Bowl of Fire albums Thrills and Oh! The Grandeur.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsSome people was an angry thin skinned man
Couldn't get along with his one man band
Quarter stick rocket and nails in his pocket
And a crying shame, some people is his name
Oh, poor old Pierrot some people
- LyricsYou've been away for such a long, long time
Gone from the brickyard, gone from the mine
All these unfamiliar places used to find your measured paces
Now it's all arriving, now it's all just fine
I thought perhaps we could sit down for tea
- Why? - (3:31) - 1,181 plays
- LyricsIm a breather, mail receiver
Ad I dont know where I stand
Not since someone informed me
That my house was built on sand
And its not the earth beneath me
- LyricsYou've got me sitting on your mantle like a little glass figurine
Why must you be so mean?
Don't you know I've got better things to do?
I'm like a mail order product from a housekeeping magazine
How utterly embarrassing
- Eugene - (4:14) - 926 plays
- Two Way Action - (4:42) - 801 plays
- 11:11 - (3:35) - 774 plays
- Pathetique - (4:31) - 793 plays
- Ides of Swing - (2:45) - 793 plays