39 Shouts - 264,505 Scrobbles
Andreas Scholl (born November 10, 1967) is a countertenor, a male classical singer in the alto range. He specialises in Baroque music. His range is akin to that of the celebrated 18th century alto castrato, Senesino, for whom Georg Friedrich Händel wrote his greatest alto roles. Fanfare magazine says: "There are more excellent countertenors before the public today than ever before, but one stands out above all others, as Caruso among tenors a century ago: Andreas Scholl". In 2005, Scholl was the first countertenor ever to be invited to sing solo at The Last Night of the Proms in London.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Stabat Mater - (2:56) - 656 plays
- Stabat Mater, RV 621 : Stabat Mater dolorosa - (2:54) - 351 plays
- O quam tristis - (1:53) - 229 plays
- Ombra mai fu - (3:00) - 179 plays
- I will give my Love an Apple - (2:35) - 785 plays
- The Three Ravens - (3:20) - 166 plays
- Fac Me Vere - (3:08) - 103 plays
- Cantate "Cessate, omai cessate", RV 684 : Ah ch'infelice sempre - (5:17) - 93 plays
- Fac Me Cruce - (3:21) - 82 plays
- Sancta Mater - (5:08) - 93 plays