39 Shouts - 260,350 Scrobbles
Andreas Scholl (born November 10, 1967) is a countertenor, a male classical singer in the alto range. He specialises in Baroque music. His range is akin to that of the celebrated 18th century alto castrato, Senesino, for whom Georg Friedrich Händel wrote his greatest alto roles. Fanfare magazine says: "There are more excellent countertenors before the public today than ever before, but one stands out above all others, as Caruso among tenors a century ago: Andreas Scholl". In 2005, Scholl was the first countertenor ever to be invited to sing solo at The Last Night of the Proms in London.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Stabat Mater - (2:56) - 767 plays
- Stabat Mater, RV 621 : Stabat Mater dolorosa - (2:54) - 264 plays
- I will give my Love an Apple - (2:35) - 832 plays
- O quam tristis - (1:53) - 244 plays
- Ombra mai fu - (3:00) - 171 plays
- The Three Ravens - (3:20) - 191 plays
- Juxta Crucem - (2:54) - 118 plays
- Charming Beauty bright - (4:19) - 69 plays
- Fac Me Cruce - (3:21) - 106 plays
- white as lilies - (4:56) - 95 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online