33 Shouts - 211,847 Scrobbles
Andreas Scholl (born November 10, 1967) is a countertenor, a male classical singer in the alto range. He specialises in Baroque music. His range is akin to that of the celebrated 18th century alto castrato, Senesino, for whom Georg Friedrich Händel wrote his greatest alto roles. Fanfare magazine says: "There are more excellent countertenors before the public today than ever before, but one stands out above all others, as Caruso among tenors a century ago: Andreas Scholl". In 2005, Scholl was the first countertenor ever to be invited to sing solo at The Last Night of the Proms in London.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ombra mai fu - (3:00) - 215 plays
- Stabat Mater - (2:56) - 302 plays
- St Matthew Passion BWV244, PART 2: No. 47, Arie: Erbarme dich, mein Gott (Alt) - (6:39) - 158 plays
- O quam tristis - (1:53) - 283 plays
- I will give my Love an Apple - (2:35) - 157 plays
- I am a poor wayfaring stranger - (4:45) - 201 plays
- Barbara Allen - (5:26) - 118 plays
- Quis est homo - (2:50) - 169 plays
- Pro peccatis - (1:50) - 152 plays
- Sancta Mater - (5:08) - 139 plays