70 Shouts - 574,128 Scrobbles
Ananda Shankar (11 December 1942 – 26 March 1999) was an Indian musician best known for his fusion of Western and Eastern musical styles. He was married to Tanushree Shankar. Born in Almora, Uttar Pradesh, India, Ananda was the son of Amala and Uday Shankar, popular dancers. He was also the nephew of renowned sitarist Pandit Ravi Shankar. Ananda did not learn sitar from his uncle but studied instead with Dr. Lalmani Misra in Varanasi.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Jumpin' Jack Flash - (3:36) - 2,509 plays
- Dancing Drums - (5:23) - 1,997 plays
- Light My Fire - (3:31) - 1,241 plays
- Snow Flower - (2:48) - 1,156 plays
- Streets of Calcutta - (4:40) - 1,039 plays
- Raghupati - (3:28) - 1,086 plays
- Mamata (Affection) - (3:09) - 682 plays
- Metamorphosis - (6:50) - 642 plays
- Sagar (The Ocean) - (13:16) - 522 plays
- Dance Indra - (3:53) - 422 plays