70 Shouts - 579,960 Scrobbles
Ananda Shankar (11 December 1942 – 26 March 1999) was an Indian musician best known for his fusion of Western and Eastern musical styles. He was married to Tanushree Shankar. Born in Almora, Uttar Pradesh, India, Ananda was the son of Amala and Uday Shankar, popular dancers. He was also the nephew of renowned sitarist Pandit Ravi Shankar. Ananda did not learn sitar from his uncle but studied instead with Dr. Lalmani Misra in Varanasi.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Jumpin' Jack Flash - (3:36) - 2,393 plays
- Dancing Drums - (5:23) - 2,087 plays
- Light My Fire - (3:31) - 1,247 plays
- Snow Flower - (2:48) - 1,092 plays
- Streets of Calcutta - (4:40) - 916 plays
- Raghupati - (3:28) - 1,096 plays
- Mamata (Affection) - (3:09) - 676 plays
- Metamorphosis - (6:50) - 630 plays
- Sagar (The Ocean) - (13:16) - 462 plays
- Dance Indra - (3:53) - 424 plays