67 Shouts - 524,779 Scrobbles
Ananda Shankar (11 December 1942 - 26 March 1999) was an Indian musician best known for his fusion of Western and Eastern musical styles. He was married to Tanushree Shankar. Born in Almora in Uttar Pradesh, India, Shankar was the son of Amala and Uday Shankar, popular dancers, and also the nephew of renowned sitarist Pandit Ravi Shankar. Ananda did not learn sitar from his uncle but studied instead with Dr. Lalmani Misra in Varanasi.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Jumpin' Jack Flash - (3:36) - 2,487 plays
- Dancing Drums - (5:23) - 2,121 plays
- Light My Fire - (3:31) - 1,573 plays
- Snow Flower - (2:48) - 1,396 plays
- Streets of Calcutta - (4:40) - 1,206 plays
- Raghupati - (3:28) - 918 plays
- Metamorphosis - (6:50) - 828 plays
- Dance Indra - (3:53) - 612 plays
- Mamata (Affection) - (3:09) - 693 plays
- Sagar (The Ocean) - (13:16) - 495 plays
- Rebecca Black Enters Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart With “Saturday”
- Nirvana To Be Inducted Into The Rock N’ Roll Hall Of Fame
- Eminem ft. Rihanna’s “The Monster”: A Sequel To “Love The Way You Lie”?
- Garth Brooks Rules The Billboard 200 Chart With New Release
- Jay Z Leads The GRAMMYs Nominations Pack With 9 Nods