69 Shouts - 561,161 Scrobbles
Ananda Shankar (11 December 1942 - 26 March 1999) was an Indian musician best known for his fusion of Western and Eastern musical styles. He was married to Tanushree Shankar. Born in Almora in Uttar Pradesh, India, Shankar was the son of Amala and Uday Shankar, popular dancers, and also the nephew of renowned sitarist Pandit Ravi Shankar. Ananda did not learn sitar from his uncle but studied instead with Dr. Lalmani Misra in Varanasi.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Jumpin' Jack Flash - (3:36) - 2,433 plays
- Dancing Drums - (5:23) - 1,846 plays
- Light My Fire - (3:31) - 1,141 plays
- Snow Flower - (2:48) - 1,115 plays
- Streets of Calcutta - (4:40) - 1,225 plays
- Mamata (Affection) - (3:09) - 688 plays
- Raghupati - (3:28) - 746 plays
- Metamorphosis - (6:50) - 634 plays
- Sagar (The Ocean) - (13:16) - 550 plays
- Dance Indra - (3:53) - 396 plays