70 Shouts - 549,046 Scrobbles
Ananda Shankar (11 December 1942 - 26 March 1999) was an Indian musician best known for his fusion of Western and Eastern musical styles. He was married to Tanushree Shankar. Born in Almora in Uttar Pradesh, India, Shankar was the son of Amala and Uday Shankar, popular dancers, and also the nephew of renowned sitarist Pandit Ravi Shankar. Ananda did not learn sitar from his uncle but studied instead with Dr. Lalmani Misra in Varanasi.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Jumpin' Jack Flash - (3:36) - 2,775 plays
- Dancing Drums - (5:23) - 1,955 plays
- Light My Fire - (3:31) - 1,481 plays
- Snow Flower - (2:48) - 1,303 plays
- Streets of Calcutta - (4:40) - 1,317 plays
- Metamorphosis - (6:50) - 754 plays
- Raghupati - (3:28) - 746 plays
- Mamata (Affection) - (3:09) - 699 plays
- Sagar (The Ocean) - (13:16) - 543 plays
- Dance Indra - (3:53) - 468 plays