Amon Düül II
358 Shouts - 2,056,665 Scrobbles
Amon Düül II emerged in 1968 out of the scene of hippies and squatters in Munich, Germany, but their strong interest in music led them to go their own way. They took their name from the old Egyptian name Amon, being an Egyptian sun god, and Düül, a character from Turkish fiction. Their personnel changed constantly, but maybe the most permanent members were Renate Knaup (vocals), Chris Karrer (guitar, violin), John Weinzierl (guitar), Peter Leopold (drums), Falk Rogner (organ, synthesizer).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Cerberus - (4:17) - 3,254 plays
- She Came Through the Chimney - (2:57) - 2,755 plays
- Pale Gallery - (2:13) - 2,510 plays
- Archangel Thunderbird - (3:35) - 2,624 plays
- Archangels Thunderbird - (3:31) - 2,574 plays
- Yeti (Improvisation) - (18:11) - 1,955 plays
- Kanaan - (3:59) - 2,146 plays
- Burning Sister - (3:47) - 1,801 plays
- Eye-Shaking King - (5:40) - 1,730 plays
- Phallus Dei - (20:48) - 1,622 plays