Amon Düül II
360 Shouts - 2,072,984 Scrobbles
Amon Düül II emerged in 1968 out of the scene of hippies and squatters in Munich, Germany, but their strong interest in music led them to go their own way. They took their name from the old Egyptian name Amon, being an Egyptian sun god, and Düül, a character from Turkish fiction. Their personnel changed constantly, but maybe the most permanent members were Renate Knaup (vocals), Chris Karrer (guitar, violin), John Weinzierl (guitar), Peter Leopold (drums), Falk Rogner (organ, synthesizer).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Cerberus - (4:17) - 3,270 plays
- She Came Through the Chimney - (2:57) - 2,768 plays
- Pale Gallery - (2:13) - 2,502 plays
- Archangel Thunderbird - (3:35) - 2,741 plays
- Archangels Thunderbird - (3:31) - 2,584 plays
- Kanaan - (3:59) - 2,157 plays
- Yeti (Improvisation) - (18:11) - 1,936 plays
- Burning Sister - (3:47) - 1,835 plays
- Phallus Dei - (20:48) - 1,631 plays
- Eye-Shaking King - (5:40) - 1,723 plays