Amon Düül II
351 Shouts - 1,920,159 Scrobbles
Amon Düül II emerged in 1968 out of the scene of hippies and squatters in Munich, Germany, but their strong interest in music led them to go their own way. They took their name from the old Egyptian name Amon, being an Egyptian sun god, and Düül, a character from Turkish fiction. Their personnel changed constantly, but maybe the most permanent members were Renate Knaup (vocals), Chris Karrer (guitar, violin), John Weinzierl (guitar), Peter Leopold (drums), Falk Rogner (organ, synthesizer).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Cerberus - (4:17) - 3,680 plays
- She Came Through the Chimney - (2:57) - 3,559 plays
- Archangels Thunderbird - (3:31) - 3,474 plays
- Pale Gallery - (2:13) - 2,868 plays
- Kanaan - (3:59) - 2,712 plays
- Eye-Shaking King - (5:40) - 2,615 plays
- Yeti (Improvisation) - (18:11) - 2,321 plays
- Yeti Talks to Yogi (Improvisation) - (6:14) - 1,928 plays
- Phallus Dei - (20:48) - 1,880 plays
- The Return of Ruebezahl - (1:41) - 2,026 plays