Amon Düül II
348 Shouts - 1,911,444 Scrobbles
Amon Düül II emerged in 1968 out of the scene of hippies and squatters in Munich, Germany, but their strong interest in music led them to go their own way. They took their name from the old Egyptian name Amon, being an Egyptian sun god, and Düül, a character from Turkish fiction. Their personnel changed constantly, but maybe the most permanent members were Renate Knaup (vocals), Chris Karrer (guitar, violin), John Weinzierl (guitar), Peter Leopold (drums), Falk Rogner (organ, synthesizer).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Cerberus - (4:17) - 3,802 plays
- She Came Through the Chimney - (2:57) - 3,696 plays
- Archangels Thunderbird - (3:31) - 3,715 plays
- Pale Gallery - (2:13) - 3,021 plays
- Kanaan - (3:59) - 2,819 plays
- Eye-Shaking King - (5:40) - 2,751 plays
- Yeti (Improvisation) - (18:11) - 2,428 plays
- Yeti Talks to Yogi (Improvisation) - (6:14) - 2,032 plays
- The Return of Ruebezahl - (1:41) - 2,129 plays
- Phallus Dei - (20:48) - 1,949 plays