Amon Düül II
351 Shouts - 1,941,696 Scrobbles
Amon Düül II emerged in 1968 out of the scene of hippies and squatters in Munich, Germany, but their strong interest in music led them to go their own way. They took their name from the old Egyptian name Amon, being an Egyptian sun god, and Düül, a character from Turkish fiction. Their personnel changed constantly, but maybe the most permanent members were Renate Knaup (vocals), Chris Karrer (guitar, violin), John Weinzierl (guitar), Peter Leopold (drums), Falk Rogner (organ, synthesizer).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Cerberus - (4:17) - 3,706 plays
- She Came Through the Chimney - (2:57) - 3,567 plays
- Archangels Thunderbird - (3:31) - 3,324 plays
- Pale Gallery - (2:13) - 2,883 plays
- Kanaan - (3:59) - 2,601 plays
- Yeti (Improvisation) - (18:11) - 2,375 plays
- Eye-Shaking King - (5:40) - 2,543 plays
- Archangel Thunderbird - (3:35) - 2,277 plays
- Yeti Talks to Yogi (Improvisation) - (6:14) - 1,897 plays
- The Return of Ruebezahl - (1:41) - 2,051 plays