Amon Düül II
336 Shouts - 1,828,537 Scrobbles
Amon Düül II emerged in 1968 out of the scene of hippies and squatters in Munich, Germany, but their strong interest in music led them to go their own way. They took their name from the old Egyptian name Amon, being an Egyptian sun god, and Düül, a character from Turkish fiction. Their personnel changed constantly, but maybe the most permanent members were Renate Knaup (vocals), Chris Karrer (guitar, violin), John Weinzierl (guitar), Peter Leopold (drums), Falk Rogner (organ, synthesizer).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- She Came Through the Chimney - (2:57) - 3,639 plays
- Cerberus - (4:17) - 3,523 plays
- Archangels Thunderbird - (3:31) - 3,921 plays
- Pale Gallery - (2:13) - 3,006 plays
- Kanaan - (3:59) - 2,896 plays
- Yeti (Improvisation) - (18:11) - 2,368 plays
- Eye-Shaking King - (5:40) - 2,724 plays
- Yeti Talks to Yogi (Improvisation) - (6:14) - 1,997 plays
- The Return of Ruebezahl - (1:41) - 2,133 plays
- Phallus Dei - (20:48) - 1,981 plays