Amon Düül II
325 Shouts - 1,645,138 Scrobbles
Amon Düül II emerged in 1968 out of the scene of hippies and squatters in Munich, Germany, but their strong interest in music led them to go their own way. They took their name from the old Egyptian name Amon, being an Egyptian sun god, and Düül, a character from Turkish fiction. Their personnel changed constantly, but maybe the most permanent members were Renate Knaup (vocals), Chris Karrer (guitar, violin), John Weinzierl (guitar), Peter Leopold (drums), Falk Rogner (organ, synthesizer).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Archangels Thunderbird - (3:31) - 4,734 plays
- She Came Through the Chimney - (2:57) - 3,946 plays
- Cerberus - (4:17) - 3,988 plays
- Pale Gallery - (2:13) - 3,227 plays
- Eye-Shaking King - (5:40) - 3,211 plays
- Kanaan - (3:59) - 3,260 plays
- Yeti (Improvisation) - (18:11) - 2,563 plays
- The Return of Ruebezahl - (1:41) - 2,773 plays
- Yeti Talks to Yogi (Improvisation) - (6:14) - 2,254 plays
- Phallus Dei - (20:48) - 2,105 plays