264 Shouts - 1,807,442 Scrobbles
Amel Larrieux (born March 8, 1973) is a U.S. singer-songwriter and keyboard player. She was formerly lead vocalist of the '90s R&B and soul group Groove Theory. Larrieux was born and brought up in the neighborhood of Greenwich Village in New York City. Her mother was a dance critic and professor who encouraged Larrieux to grow up in a free-spirited, artistic environment. Many of her influences are drawn from R&B, soul, jazz, folk, hip-hop and gospel, with flashes of Middle Eastern, West African, and Indian ethnic styles. She lives in New York City with her husband and two daughters.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI can run, I can race for hours
And hours and don't stop
I can float
I can fly us to the highest mountain tops
I can breathe you, I can drink in your laugh
- Afraid - (4:45) - 4,379 plays
- Get Up - (4:03) - 3,102 plays
- Sweet Misery - (4:28) - 2,262 plays
- LyricsDarlin', I want you to listen
I stayed up all night, so I could get this thing right
And I don't think there's anythin' missin'
'Cause a person like you, made it easy to do
I've waited for so long, to sing to you this song
- I Do Take - (5:28) - 2,200 plays
- Bravebird - (4:28) - 1,641 plays
- You Don't See Me - (3:22) - 1,732 plays
- A Million Sapphires - (3:40) - 1,584 plays
- Berries and Cream - (4:26) - 1,487 plays