265 Shouts - 1,818,161 Scrobbles
Amel Larrieux (born March 8, 1973) is a U.S. singer-songwriter and keyboard player. She was formerly lead vocalist of the '90s R&B and soul group Groove Theory. Larrieux was born and brought up in the neighborhood of Greenwich Village in New York City. Her mother was a dance critic and professor who encouraged Larrieux to grow up in a free-spirited, artistic environment. Many of her influences are drawn from R&B, soul, jazz, folk, hip-hop and gospel, with flashes of Middle Eastern, West African, and Indian ethnic styles. She lives in New York City with her husband and two daughters.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- For Real - (3:45) - 6,313 plays
- Afraid - (4:45) - 3,993 plays
- Sweet Misery - (4:28) - 2,593 plays
- Get Up - (4:03) - 2,639 plays
- Make Me Whole - (4:29) - 1,694 plays
- I Do Take - (5:28) - 1,544 plays
- Bravebird - (4:28) - 1,478 plays
- You Don't See Me - (3:22) - 1,214 plays
- A Million Sapphires - (3:40) - 1,116 plays
- We Can Be New - (4:57) - 900 plays