0 Shouts - 854,413 Scrobbles
There are, at least, twelve artists known as Amber.Read More...
1) Amber Josephine Liu (born September 18, 1992 in Los Angeles, California, United States) also known as Amber (엠버), is an American singer-songwriter currently active in South Korea. She is a member and the rapper of the South Korean girl group f(x). Amber making solo debut and released her first EP titled “Beautiful” on February 13, 2015.
Amber was cast from S.M. Entertainment's Los Angeles global audition in 2008, where she and one male were selected to be trainees for SM Entertainment. After a year and a half of training, she debuted under the new South Korean girl group f(x) in September 2009.
She has composed and written lyrics for some of the group's songs such as "Goodbye Summer" which was a track in their second studio album "Pink Tape", and "Summer Lover" from their third studio album "Red Light". She frequently collaborated with other S.M. Entertainment artists. Label mate Yuri of Girls' Generation performed a cover of Ciara's song "1, 2 Step" at their first concert, Into the New World, held on December 19 and 20, 2009 in Seoul and featured Amber as a rapper and dancer. The song was then included in their first live album.
In June 2010, she was featured in the lead track of Taiwanese singer Danson Tang's third Mandarin studio album "The First Second". She performed the Korean and English rap parts of the song, and was also featured in the song's music video. In 2013, she was featured in the Korean version of the title track of Henry's debut album, called "1-4-3 (I Love You)". Aside from featured songs, Amber also worked with fellow group mates Luna and Krystal for the soundtrack of KBS drama God of Study, in a song called "Spread its Wings".
Amber officially debuted as a solo artist, releasing her debut EP “Beautiful” on February 13. The first single, "Shake That Brass", had Girls' Generation's Taeyeon as the featured artist. A few days prior to the release of the album, a lyric video for the title track, "Beautiful", was released. The music video contained childhood photos of the singer, as well as photos since her debut as a member of f(x). Its lyrics tells the story of the difficulties she faced as she chased after her dreams of being an entertainer and how she liked herself the way she is.
2) A Dutch-German singer-songwriter, label owner & executive producer (aka Marie-Claire Cremers, b. 9 May 1969). Her biggest hits include "This Is Your Night", "One More Night", "If You Could Read My Mind", "Sexual (Li Da Di)", "Yes!" & "You Move Me."
Amber's music, in its original form, can be categorized as eurodance, hi-NRG, house, dance-pop, Pop Rock & electronica - mingled with urban contemporary slow jams & adult contemporary ballads. Her hit club mixes have ranged from 'house' (in various styles) to vocal trance.
Amber is played extensively on Rhythmic format stations and the newly formed "Rhythmic AC" format which plays Disco, Hi-NRG, House, 1980s and 1990s mainstream Dance and Dance-pop hits and Quiet Storm, Adult Contemporary and Urban contemporary. Official Site: http://www.Dance-Music-Space.com
3) A Nottingham based 5-piece, originally from Buckinghamshire. Amber formed in the latter part of 2012 and released their debut EP 'Noah' in July 2013, to much acclaim. The band are currently unsigned but have lots of label interest after receiving much support from BBC Introducing. Amber played on the BBC Introducing stage at Reading and Leeds Festival and their track 'Noah' has featured on the Radio One playlist. A second EP is scheduled for release towards the end of 2013.
4) A Danish post-rock band. ”One Minute Love Affair” is the second Album from the Danish trio, who has once again teamed up with an International top Producer. While their debut album was recorded with Indie guru Steve Albini (Nirvana, Pixies, Mogwai), it is this time John Parish (PJ. Harvey, Goldfrapp og Eels) who tailored his producer magic to the unique sounds of Amber. ”One Minute Love Affair” builds on the foundation laid on the highly critically acclaimed debut from 2004, but at the same time explores new sides of Amber’s minimalist soundscape.
With Parish behind the mixer, Amber’s songs gain a new edge, while still maintaining the intimacy that has become the bands trademark, within a full, vibrating and yet simple universe. Remaining true to the original outset, Amber playfully incorporates elements of alternative disco and funk into their already unusual take on Alternative Rock. The result is shorter yet more quirky songs still featuring Amber’s characteristic instrumentation (Bass, Vibraphone, Drums and Vocals).
“One Minute Love Affair” also features a guest appearance by Scottish singer Aidan Moffat from Arab Strap. The result is a killer duet on the title track between him and Amber vocalist, Biljana Stojkoska.
Official site: http://mySpace.com/AmberBandDK
5) A German dark-folk singer. Official site: http://RabenFlug.com
6) A, now defunct, NW Indiana based band
7) A rock / metal / psychedelic band from Pazardjik, Bulgaria. Official site: ]http://www.myspace.com/trueamber
8) Were MacLeod & Julian McAllister, both friends and contemporaries of Donovan on the early 60s St. Albans folk scene. A 10" collects the only extant studio tapes of the band, recorded in the early 70s during a period that saw the band playing regularly around London. The strapline on the sleeve reads "acoustic music that derives from folk and blues with a touch of psychedelia" which is true as far as it goes but gives too much significance to the blues, not enough to the occasional immensity of McAllister's vocal and none at all to the importance of the sitar in the mix. The lilting glory of "Sea Shell Rock Me" (appearing in two versions) is the highlight. The song is basically a folk love song which coils in around itself in time to a beautiful winding sitar line and reminds of all the possibilities music seemed to offer 30 years ago.
9) A Post-Metal / Hardcore Band from Marburg, Germany.
Jakob - Drums
Christian - Guitar
Dennis - Guitar
Tobias - Bass
Anna - Vocals
10) 琥珀(Amber) A post-rock / instrumental band from China.
11) Japanese visual kei band.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsDah dah dah dah dad, ditita ta tay
Dah dah dah dah dad, ditita ta tay
Dah dah dah dah dad, ditita ta tay
Ditita ta tay, ditita ta tay
Dah dah dah dah dad, ditita ta tay
- Sexual - 27,028 plays
- Sexual (Afterlife mix) - 17,644 plays
- LyricsDon't you know that when you touch me baby that it's torture?
Brush up against me, I get chills all down my spine
Don't make this one dimensional
The way I feel is sexual, the way I feel is sexual
It can't just be intellectual
- Shake That Brass (feat. Taeyeon) - 25,283 plays
- One More Night - 9,718 plays
- Just Like That (Jason Nevins Radio Remix) - 5,018 plays
- Warrior - 15,157 plays
- Sexual - Afterlife Chillout Remix - 5,322 plays
- Don't Follow Me Home - 3,062 plays