0 Shouts - 1,323 Scrobbles
Amayenge is a popular Zambian music group. Started by Kris Chali in 1978 in Choma, the band was originally called New Crossbones. The musical style of the group is called kalindula, a distinctive Zambian popular style with traditional African roots. Chali died 30 May 2003, but the band has continued with Fraser Chilembo as their leader. Amayenge has received worldwide attention from WOMAD in London to Asia and the Americas.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mao (2x2) - (5:46) - 5 plays
- Mao (2 X 2) - (5:46) - 5 plays
- Kusiyana Siyana Kwa Maofesi - (7:05) - 4 plays
- Mao - (5:45) - 24 plays
- Kanyama - (4:20) - 3 plays
- Keilelembe Ndeke QZ - (3:35) - 2 plays
- Mazela Maleza - (5:51) - 9 plays
- Dyress - (5:28) - 2 plays
- Ten Kwacha - (4:57) - 1 plays
- Umwana Amonekela Uluchelo - (6:09) - 1 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online