0 Shouts - 4,774 Scrobbles
Wannakulawattawaduge Don Albert Perera (born December 5, 1927 in Moratuwa, Sri Lanka), better known by his adopted name Amaradeva, is a Sri Lankan vocalist and musical composer. Primarily using traditional instruments like sitars, tablas and harmoniums, Amaradeva incoporates Sinhala folk music with Indian ragas in his work. In the mid-1950s, Amaradeva in his Janagayana project consulted experts of the Kandyan dance tradition like Pani Bharata, Kiriganita, Gunamala, Ukkuva and Suramba in his path to understand what constituted Sinhala folk music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Nim Him Sevuwa - (2:37) - 14 plays
- Aadara Hangum - (4:39) - 15 plays
- Mindada Hee Sara - (3:50) - 8 plays
- Vali Thala Athare - (3:44) - 6 plays
- Ira Handa Payana Loke - (4:06) - 12 plays
- Atheethayen Ganga Gala Basi - 7 plays
- Hantane Kandu Muduna - (2:45) - 6 plays
- Sihina Nelum Mala - (4:03) - 14 plays
- Kumariyaka Pa Salamba - (3:33) - 7 plays
- Thanha Aasha - 6 plays